Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a day!  (Read 2126 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
What a day!
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »
As many of you know I'm a gardener.  I went to my first customer this morning who I go to every Tuesday.  They are an elderly couple and the husband is in hospital at the moment.  So I arrived to find the house all quiet and it just didn't feel right.  To cut a long story short the police and paramedics were called and in the meantime I got a friend to break the door down.  When we got in the poor woman had been stuck in the bath all night.  She's OK, but disorientated and after being checked out the ambulance took her down the road to her sons house.

All very scary.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: What a day!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:20:36 pm »
aww, bless her poor soul.
(tried to reply on a well known social networking site but its crashed, after I spent ages with my very slow typing messaging a very old friend!  Hope you got mine?)

Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:00:24 pm »
Poor lady, that must have been very  distressing for her.  But thank goodness that you happened to be working there, or the lady could have been stuck for a lot longer.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:06:53 pm »
Just saw it on that social networking site  ;)  well done for thinking fast - she might have died.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »
Lucky it was your day there. Poor sould - must have been distressing for her.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:46:57 am »
good for you!!!

the way the world is going, soon no one will speak to or know their neighbours, they'll not notice thy haven't been coming/going as usual. No more milkmen, postie rarely comes round now, very easy for people to become isolated on their own

Hope you had a wee celebration beer for being a hero!

sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:42:59 pm »
My mum was becomming very frail although she was not old at all, 64 I lived not far away in the same town and had a busy life but visited her at least 2x a week and p honed her most day's. This was before the day's of internet and my mum got her pension from a post office a bit too far away from her but as they sold loads of other stuff the post office owners, refugees from Uganda, used to bring my mums pension and any orders for cigaretts, bread, other bit's of food etc, it was them that rang me to say they had not heard from my mum, so I went around and sure enough she was very ill and stuck in her bed, I was soo thankful to them and the little bit of shopping she had from them was irellevant, they were good neighbours, any other post office may not have noticed or cared but they did!!! Mum died about 2 months later but I was very grateful!!!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:09 pm »
Wow Sandy. There aren't enough people like that around these days - people are too busy and blinkered now.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS