Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land price,3 acres, east yorkshire?  (Read 12929 times)

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
Re: Land price,3 acres, east yorkshire?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 01:00:26 pm »
Couldn't hurt to try sweetening them first with some honey and stuff  ;D. Maybe renting it for a few years, whilst you save up to buy may actually be the better idea. They may give you first refusal if they intend to sell it, and by renting and setting up your live stock there, they know you're reliable and serious about buying it. The only problem is the price rising in those few years you save up!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 09:12:30 pm »

If they are making redundencies this might just be the right time to ask about buying it or renting.
Anne

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 10:17:23 pm »
I've tried that with a housebuilding company that has the field across the lane from me - running right alongside the railway line.  I told them they 'd better cut their losses and take my money as they'd never sell houses next tothe line now. ;) ;D  Hasn't worked so far but the MD will soon be my daughter's neighbour so will try him!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS