Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 1st goose egg this morning...  (Read 1601 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
1st goose egg this morning...
« on: March 14, 2015, 11:53:48 am »
So our pair have finally got down to it, found an egg this morning. I had been wondering as she seemed to have made a nest-like indentation in the straw in the corner of their house... but still a nice surprise! Only a month behind.... these are 1st timers, Pilgrim geese!

Daughter had already blown the egg and plans to paint it, as her 1st ever goose egg... ::)

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: 1st goose egg this morning...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:26:20 pm »
You're not far behind me - two of mine started last weekend and the third is yet to start (unless she's hiding them somewhere). Yet to check fertility.....

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:45:31 pm »
Mine must have started about a week ago, pity she's found a muddy patch behind a little hut, eggs look like they've been rolling round a rugby field. ::)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 11:01:22 pm »
I will only try to incubate a little later, book says that the first few have really thick shells and that gives even more problems with moisture loss... (we had a bad result with bought-in eggs last year, with almost all eggs "dead in the shell", most likely I had kept the incy too damp..).

So we had omelette for lunch today!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS