Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: calf not sucking  (Read 16206 times)

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: calf not sucking
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 04:13:55 pm »
 :wave: Hallelujah - so pleased. It is so frustrating, enough to test the patience of a saint never mind mortals like myself. It took us three weeks to pair a 'new' calf with a heifer who had lost hers at birth recently. We've also found generally that bull calves can be a little more challenging and don't always have the get up and go of heifer calves. There'll be no looking back now :excited:

MarthaR

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Near Abergavenny, South Wales
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 11:09:56 pm »
 :wave:
I don't have cattle yet but this thread seems to me to show the very best of this forum. I have dealt with newborns of other livestock and the anxiety of not knowing what to do for the best when something is not going to plan is so intense and tough. On here, there are loads of experienced people helping and encouraging those less so. And what you don't see is all the people like me who don't have the expertise to assist but are willing you on anyway. It may be the wine and tablets post my shoulder operation  :innocent: but threads like this, plus all the lambing ones at the moment make me feel pretty darned good about being part of a community of farming folk on here. 
Martha R

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »
My thoughts exactly MarthaR!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »
Well done and delighted he got there in the end  :thumbsup:

Cowgirl

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 08:09:32 am »
How is your calf doing now - is everything OK?

pointer

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Hebrides
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 10:37:32 am »
He seems to be doing just fine, thanks. Hopefully he'll have a couple of brothers and sisters in the next few weeks. It's a big relief - again, many thanks to everyone who offered valuable advice.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS