Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: help please  (Read 3637 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
help please
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:18:39 pm »
anyone in the linlithgow area that has access to a mini digger type thing?

or can they drive one and i'll hire one?

or recommend a good guy who'll do it for me!

i've got a wee stretch of garden i want to level out so i can put my planned polytunnel on it.

just about got the site cleared, but need some mini digger driving demon to do a good job leveling it out!

cheers

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: help please
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:20:16 pm »
Hey, pal, where are these flyers?  And when do we start promoting the new business? :farmer: ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:59:36 pm »
When we had our goat shed built, we used a company in Avonbridge. They have since stopped building sheds, but they might still be able to help out with the mini digger. I'll see if I can find their number. Only thing is they might have sold the mini digger now.

Beth

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:15:55 pm »
When we had our goat shed built, we used a company in Avonbridge. They have since stopped building sheds, but they might still be able to help out with the mini digger. I'll see if I can find their number. Only thing is they might have sold the mini digger now.

Beth

hahahahahahahahahaha

thanks, that cheered me up!!Ok, heres hoping!!

I'm away to see my farmers, i think they have a wee digger.

Annie - the website is live, we are in business, forst 10 orders delivered on wednesday and i've 10 new ones added for next week

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 08:55:11 pm »
problem solved!!

digger and driver located! Now I just need to clear the last of my old beds out the way and let him loose on the garden

next - my diy polytunnel!!!

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:09 am »
hi

Whats the business called, what are you going to promote and the web site address????

Lavinia

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 11:35:25 am »
Yes, Chris, you should promote it on here too.  Maybe it has been in the Market Place but you can bump it up. Lots of folk on here are fairly local to you
www.mylocal5aday.co.uk

Mylocal5aday.co.uk is a fruit and veg box delivery service with a difference.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 11:41:47 am »
aaarrgghhhhhh BLOODY SNOW AGAIN!!!!

couldn't get van up driveway, spent 30 minutes shovelling it out, had to take the future Mrs SB to work as car is in garage - seems no one can drive when there is snow in their line of sight, so took 90 minutes to get from linlithgow to Livingston (yes, 11 miles)

stopped at B&Q to get grit in (i had been saving my ashes which has helped) but B&Q still has no grit! Is this a 3rd world country?? FFS

Had to cancel digger man today as whole garden under snow - and I was so pleased that I'd got all the beds dismantled yesterday!! GRRRRR

absolutely raging!!

anyway. thanks for the business plug Annie - I will put it up in the proper place a little later - I still ahve a couple of tweaks to make.

things have started very well, 8 orders last week, 5 repeat orders and 2 will order every fortnight - I've not been able to hear from the 8th person yet.

25 orders (so far this week) Seems word is starting to spread - maybe a bit too fast as I still have some back end issues on the IT side that make MY job a lot harder to manage it all! Still, you don't need to know that. We are getting there though!

chris

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:49:59 am »
Sarah has stopped her other veg man and is having a break but will be ordering soon from you - I take it Stirling is OK?  If any problems you can drop it off here wiht mine as I see her every couple of days.  A flyer would be good so she can take it to Choir next Tuesday 70 members all spread round central belt, and I can put some out round here - I take it you ahven't managed to do that yet?  I'm sure some of them at least would be interested.  I can see you needing staff soon - I would be happy to help - either packing boxes or on admin side.  Juts had a thought - I use easyfundraising to buy online - we get donations from companies when we buy stuff. EFR have an admin section for promotion of their business by happy clients - you could put a flyer on your website.  Now I'm off to have a look at your website in case I have just made a total pratt of myself and you've done that already  ;) ;D ;D ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 12:19:16 pm »
Ok, have placed order, emailed link to Sarah and Sandy.  You could do with using Paypal (or your banking system) in case order arrives and customers aren't in. And a rough idea of delivery date/time.
edited because I as usual didn't read all the right things - cod for now, online payment coming soon - oops, sorry, Chris!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:27:07 pm by doganjo »

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »
Chris I want to speak to you about a special order. One a bit larger than some people might have! Will PM you. Oh and my sister got your flyer (she lives in Linlithgow) and was amazed I already knew who you were!

Beth

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:21 pm »
Chris what a fantastic idea, that would be great to not have to go looking for stuff, let me know when you start delivering in Midlothian.

:&> :&>
Lavinia

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 10:32:30 am »
Hi Guys

thanks for the support and interest!!

Had a hectic day yesterday but managed to get them all out. (i'm coming over with your later Annie)

Anyway, I think for the next coupe of weeks, i'll keep myself focussed on west lothian/falkirk - as I'm not quite ready to take on the world yet.

Needing to bring in a little helper 1/2 days a week - once they are on board, i'll start to push the boundaries a bit!

good problem to have I suppose, better than doing nothing all day!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »
Thats really good n ews, glad to see you are doing so well. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 07:51:49 pm »
Chris has just been with my order and what lovely veg and fruit they are too.  I just had a WW ready meal with some sugarsnap peas and baby sweetcorn - mmm delish, then a huge cooker with dried fruit done in the microwave - all cooked and ready to eat in 10 minutes - just what I like! Didn't cook the veg - just ate them raw.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS