Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Try out smallholding in France anyone?  (Read 1808 times)

Bonbon

• Joined Mar 2015
Try out smallholding in France anyone?
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:18:56 am »
Hello All

I am completely new to the forum and I apologise if I am posting in the wrong section.

We have been on our small farm/smallholding in France for almost 9 years now and were at one time very self-sufficient.  Over the last couple of horrendous years I have not been able to keep up with things, now my children and I find ourselves on our own and are trying to get back to the same level of self sufficiency and get the place back into shape.

I am thinking of having helpxers or woofers again this year, however I also thought that it might be worth posting on one or two forums for smallholders/downsizers or people hoping to give it a go in case there was anyone reading who was thinking about the possibilities of trying it in France who would be interested in spending some time with us helping us out and getting a feel for the possibilities.  We can't pay anything, it would just be on the same basis as helpx or woofing, but we can share all our experiences (!!) as well as teach you what we know about what we do which is mainly plants, animals and fibres as well as of course help with learning french. 

If there is anybody reading this who would like to know more please feel free to get in touch.  Please excuse me for saying this now but we are being very fussy this time with who we have to stay, I hope people understand why.

Thank you for reading!

mikebdomain

• Joined Sep 2016
Re: Try out smallholding in France anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:56:16 am »
just started looking for somewhere in france, if this offer still stands, I would be interested in it

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS