Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: PANICED QUESTION ON GERMINATION!  (Read 8033 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: PANICED QUESTION ON GERMINATION!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:59 am »
Beans out and first showing of toms inside... just a days worth.  No luck on the aubergines and sweetcorn but they are still outside.  Peppers are still reluctant too!

still.... generally all coming out slowly.  Going to do a second sowing this week anyway.... and i might get another mini greenhouse for a tenner  ;D

bought some melon seeds and i am going to pot those.  They r from b and m so who knows.  I will grow in the greenhouse  :excited:

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: PANICED QUESTION ON GERMINATION!
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 02:21:24 pm »
some of my sweetcorn varieties were iffy to germinate indoors. As for aubergines outdoors this early..well that's optimism :) . Mine have been out for a couple fo weeks and moved to the cold glasshouse and not grown a heap even there. Melons will germinate quite well indoors like most squashes.. by courgettes are big enough that they need potting on from 3in pots. 2 will go in the greenhouse border for an early crop.. then get ripped out when the field one's start.
B&M stuff not usually a problem.. although i check against wilko's and see what the poundshop and ebay have...'cos I'm mean. You can just buy a melon and sow the seeds from that too - wonlt be the fancier colder climate stuff but in a good year you may get lucky.

If you really want to get keen...then sow some lemon pips, date stones, lychee stone etc.. most of them germinate well in the airing cupboard - it's just the greenhouses and heating afterwards!! Oh and a piece of ginger root will grow too...lovely flowers if you get it that big.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS