Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Diesel  (Read 6173 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Diesel
« on: March 03, 2015, 03:35:18 pm »
We're delighted to introduce our new cat, Diesel. We collected him from the SSPCA this morning, where he has been recovering from a run in with some diesel. He was handed into the SSPCA a couple of weeks ago, covered in the stuff; the SSPCA use the same vet practice as us and we say him on the vets' Facebook page. It was Dan's idea to offer to rehome him and now he's home  :thumbsup:

When he was washed a lot of his coat fell out and some was shaved off; when we say him at the shelter, he was pretty bare and was wearing a "collar of shame". His fur is now starting to grow back.

The vet thinks he's 1-2 years old; he was unchipped and un-neutered, but both circumstances have now been addressed. He's had his vaccinations, his wormer and flea treatment - and now he's home.

He's a wee bit concerned about Meg, who is completely uninterested in him. Felix has said hello and gone back to sleep. Pen and Bertie have been OK so far.

D did have a wee on the carpet, but hopefully that's the only one - I think he was just bustin'. He's now curled up on the chair in the dining room on his fleecy (I took it in last week so it would be "his"). The Feliway is hopefully pumping away upstairs and down. So, time and space and cuddles - he's very friendly and sounds like a diesel engine when he purrs.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Diesel
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:11:07 pm »
One lucky cat !

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:42:22 pm »
Yup, sounds like he is gonna be !  :cat:

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 04:45:07 pm »
He looks a very fine chap in the making when he regains all his fur! Well done for taking him in, I am sure he will have a lovely life with you all!

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 06:12:02 pm »
He looks much more handsome now than the last photo I saw of him  ;) He'll be spoilt rotten in no time  :innocent: and I'm sure he knows he's home now too.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:55 pm »
If you've seen the film "Bolt", think black "Mittens" - his head's not big but his body and legs are EXTREMELY skinny. He weights 4kg though, so I guess if he fills out, he'll be a fair sized cat.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:41:47 pm »
I think he is gonna settle in just fine  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:14 pm »
He looks a very fine chap in the making when he regains all his fur! Well done for taking him in, I am sure he will have a lovely life with you all!

this  :thumbsup:

He's already looking a lot better than he did - it'll be interesting to look back on this pic in a year's time, perhaps when he takes his place in the 'See no / hear no / speak no' cat pic and we all can't tell which of 'em is which ;)  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 08:29:59 am »
lucky diesel

what is it with you guys and black cats?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 09:15:15 am »

Dan, we need a witch-on-broomstick emotiwotsit! 

Just kidding...

I don't know about Rosemary and Dan, but for me, black cats are just the best.  I've had Match (nearly all black, white toes and a thin strip of white on his nose), then Enoch and Eli (pronounced Aynock and Aylie in a Black Country accent), Hacker, Brendon, Farley, and Jacob.  Wonderful cats, all of them.  (Yes all my not-all-black cats have been wonderful too - Mix, Myc and Trigger.  Just in case they're watching ;))

The rescues always say that black cats and dogs are harder to home.  I can't think why, with nothing else to distract you, it's just the eyes looking at you soul to soul :love: :cat:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:18 am »
I have had my black cat for 12 years now. I got her from the RSPCA. They had a sign up saying "black cats need homes too" because they had several in and nobody wanted them. Cleo wasn't much more than a kitten herself and she had already had a litter. Her kittens had all been adopted but nobody wanted her. She has to put up with Archie which doesn't best please her but other than that I think she is quite happy with us.  :cat:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:57:15 am by Bionic »
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 09:43:41 am »

Apparently they are the hardest for shelters to rehome.

(and they make the best familiars, harder to detect at night see)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:38 am »
He is lovely and so lucky to be home with you. He has landed on his feet.  :love: :cat:

We've only ever had black cats. One a stray living under a shed and in a bad way when we took him in. one we had as a kitten (a friend of a friend took in a stray who was obviously in kitten and we gave a home to the only black kitten and the only one that couldn't find a home) and our current mog who was left behind when previous owners moved out.

:love: black cats

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 11:35:49 am »
We did have a tortoiseshell once  :cat:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 06:25:16 am »
I love black cats! Black greyhounds are hard to home too. Why?!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS