Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Molly goat  (Read 4146 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Molly goat
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:44:34 pm »
has this week become a mother, grandmother and great grandmother!!  I said last year when she had twins that would be her last - but yesterday she had a lovely little female, and is as usual when she has kids, over the moon to have a little one to fuss over.

I will be putting some goats up for sale - as I really do need to get my numbers down again

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Molly goat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »
How fantastic  :excited:

Please don't advertise a spotty girl or I may put my marriage in peril with requests for another goat  ;D
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 06:50:44 pm »
I'll save you! Would love a spotty goat. :excited:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:23 pm »
I'll save you! Would love a spotty goat. :excited:

You're too kind - on second thoughts who need a husband - goats are soo much better  ;D
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:54:53 pm »
Darn! Thought I was the only one who thought like that and it was a done deal. :llama:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:33 am »
Well my other half has just taken a couple of days of his annual leave to finish off the extension of the goatshed to accommodate my new maternity wing.... husbands do have SOME use... (and I love him for it!)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 02:14:50 pm »
I do have a very nice brown and white coloured female - Anglo Nubian, 10 months old.  Also AN who is very light brown, and looks almost white - could I tempt someone maybe?

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 04:49:38 pm »
We need pics  :goat:

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 06:04:37 pm »
We need pics  :goat:

Ditto! And yes, you definatley can tempt and I love my AN's. Not sure you would want to trust any of your goats to me though at the moment. Still a bit stunned to find that my AN I was convinced has cloudburst as she has not been mated this year (or so I thought) is carrying twins!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:28:20 pm »
Kate, I know what you're like when you look at ANs. I'll be round to visit your six goats soon.  :roflanim:

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 07:04:00 pm »
I know! I can resist anything except temptation! :excited:  Of course I may be about to have more goats than I planned on but don't think it is possible to have too many goats! Blossom has somewhat foiled my plan to get her into kid to another AN this autumn but sure they will be gorgeous whatever they are.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 02:20:53 pm »
Having bother with my internet, but will take some pics of coloured goat, and also others available - variety of colours and breeds :)  and do my best to post pics

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 08:41:06 pm »
Spotty goat. .....pic's please....v. jealous!!
Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland on Facebook

Smallholding Weekends  in rural Ireland.
Also some 'Showing Goat's ' weekends.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS