Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: dog attacked my pigs  (Read 6255 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: dog attacked my pigs
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 04:16:22 pm »
There is a Bridlepath running up the outside of my field and a number of my hens have been attacked by dogs and no owner has ever knocked on my door to tell me.  My house is the only house beside the field so their can't be any confusion - people just either don't care or maybe worry that I will get angry.  Makes me mad that people have no decency.

Hope your pigs are OK.

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
Re: dog attacked my pigs
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:40 am »
people dont care to them its just a farm animal.
 if i cought a dog attacking my sheep or poulrty i would shoot it if just worrying /chaseing id give to owner a chance to control the first dog never had to shoot one YET.

we have a campsite and often have to tell campers off for letting there dogs into the stock feilds for a run thay think becase my dog runs lose with my stock that its fine for theres too
the fact that my dog is used to stock and the stock to it if thay see a strange dog thay know the diffrence i also know my dog will not harm my stock as its been bought up with them from a pup.

my dog gos to other people farms with me in my job  and hardly ever is on a lead but i only let her out of th land rover/tractor if there is no stock or i know the land owner and thay say it is ok for her to be out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS