Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pony sledging  (Read 3121 times)

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
pony sledging
« on: January 20, 2015, 05:14:54 pm »
A bit of nonsense from this afternoon:

modified to add: the boys do have helmets on under their bobble covers!

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
Re: pony sledging
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:03:50 pm »
Ooh I have very jealous of your snow and your pony :D We have wet and miserable here

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:39:27 pm »
That looks awesome!
Trained my spaniel to pull and he took my friends kids sledging a few years ago - he loved it and went flat out!

How old were your boys when you started getting them on their pony?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 06:46:54 pm »
Ooh I have very jealous of your snow and your pony :D We have wet and miserable here

Same here.

That looks so much fun  :excited:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »
Looks great fun.

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:55:53 pm »
 :sunshine: how cool is that!!!

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 09:18:38 pm »
That looks awesome!
Trained my spaniel to pull and he took my friends kids sledging a few years ago - he loved it and went flat out!

How old were your boys when you started getting them on their pony?

We got Hamish when William was two, but he didn't really ride until he was three, more brushing, taking for walks and so on.  As soon as William was riding regularly, Angus wanted to, he was 19 months. I tried to wait because of his tiny hips, but ended up getting another very narrow shetland on loan for him. Now William is 4 and a quarter (the quarter is very important) and Angus will be 3 in March. William mainly rides a section a now and is coming off the lead, and Angus has moved on to Hamish who is in the photos. It is Angus who is riding  him pulling the logs.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 06:43:11 am »
I would love to get a little pony (or two) for my son - he's only 7 months at the moment but have just started looking about  :):horse:
Mother in law likes the idea of a small donkey but Ive never had anything to do with donkeys in the past.

Mum thinks I started riding lessons when I was three, nearly four. I remember reading monty Roberts books and he said he was riding before he could walk properly! I seem to remember my riding instructor had her son out hunting on his section a on a lead reign from her hunter when he was four!

Other people say to wait till about 6. So it's nice to hear what you've done with your boys in the real world! thanks!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS