Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Painting/Staining floor tiles?  (Read 1501 times)

Baois Glas

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Ireland
Painting/Staining floor tiles?
« on: February 17, 2015, 12:00:09 pm »
Has anyone ever painted or stained their floor tiles?

We have tiles in our hall and 'Rayburn' room, they are good solid thick quality tiles, looks like they have been down fair few years, the only problem is they are yellow and green.

We've been thinking we will probably just tile over them, but it seems such a shame as they are good tiles, and raising the floor level by tiling over them makes things a bit more difficult with doors and such.

I've looked into painting the tiles, a lot of people say they have done it and it's fine, others say paint chips off and you have to keep painting it.  I'm thinking a 'diamond hard' concrete floor paint might work? It's quite a high traffic area with walking through and muddy dogs.

Alternatively, anyone know of anything to take a glaze off the tiles and if you can stain them?  I've found a couple of the green tiles down in our workshop and they seem unglazed, so I assume a coating has been added to them.
How many acres how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS