Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Registering for new RPA Online Service  (Read 2608 times)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Registering for new RPA Online Service
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »
I strongly recommend NOT trying to do this online.  I've just spent 25 minutes filling in all the boxes only to be informed that Experian doesn't have enough information about me to verify that I am who I say I am.  The screen said it didn't have information on my loans, mortgage or mobile contract (don't have any, that's why) or my credit card or bank account (but I wasn't asked for that information). 

It took me 3 years to get the RPA info right last time, mainly because the maps were wrong - boundary the wrong side of the stream, "gave" me a parcel of land in the middle of someone else's field a mile away .... the farm's only been here for 500 years after all.   Here we go again!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Registering for new RPA Online Service
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:29:07 pm »
The new Scottish one didn't ask for any of that detail. Took me about five minutesto reregister. Now I'm worried that I did it wrong  ::)

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:44:28 am »
I registered a couple of days ago (Scottish one) and it was quick and easy.
Once I had entered my BRN it pulled all the correct information up (I presume from the old system) and everything seemed to work.
I was interested to see the map that it brought up which has more info on it that any LPID map of my land that I have had access to before.  It included the small woodshed I built beside the house - how did they know about that? and it showed what classification they have given all the land (as I have never had SFP before I have not been sent that information before). 
Hopefully actually using the site will be just as straightforward.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:57:28 am »
I was under the impression that you could now only do it online.  I went to YAMS on Wednesday and the auctioneers had a free registration offer on. 

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:59 am »
You've not done it wrong, Rosemary, apart from the mad security questions, the Scottish system is simple.  The security questions threw me though, fine doing it for yourself, but when you are doing it for someone else's business and you get to the bottom of the pile of bills and find the wee postcard telling you to register with a post-it stuck on saying 'sort this out' it is a bit more of a challenge - yes, I do know your date of birth, your bank details, your holding number, your business reference number, but I do NOT know what colour pants you prefered when you were six, or who your favourite teacher in primary school was!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:05 am »
Just received an e:mail from Experian asking me to confirm my account.  Odd, since they don't know of my existence!  I'm going to try by telephone on Monday and see if a real person works better.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS