Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: visit from animal welfare  (Read 12636 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: visit from animal welfare
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 02:38:17 pm »
How do you mean,Paul?
it works the other way too.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »
Annie that was my question too  ...

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »
I love you guys - you always cheer me up............... neighbours dog poop deposited on his step.... tee hee
This time of year always makes things seem worse - when its dark and damp and life is difficult.
sorry you sold your pigs  :'( and sorry for the pressure you felt to need to.
I agree and hope that those interfering busybodies shoot themselves in the foot somehow. Seems to me that what goes round comes round and even though it might take a while you may end up seeing them come a cropper. Folk like that just can't help digging a pit for themselves to fall into.
kirsty

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 10:31:51 pm »
John used to say that - if anyone does you wrong don't try to get back at them because somehow fate will do it for you.  I'm not 100% convinced though ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 10:49:18 pm »
if it got up my nose a bit , I would just tell them to f**k off...if it really got my goat I wouldn't try to get them back, I would just smack'em really hard, right on the nose . Instant retribution/satisfaction .... doesn't work for everyone ... but it does for me !!!

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:36 pm »
That was John's father's attitude I'm afraid - which is why all six kids ran away from home at 15!  It is also probably why john didn't often 'deck' people!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 12:18:52 am »
nope, like I said Annie , it doesn't work for everyone . But if all 6 kids left home at 15 , I would think the dad was much different to me . I don't go round bullying or hitting my family. But if someone ( other than family ) interferes in my life and makes my life a misery , or completely stops me from doing what I want , just because they want to , then I will interfere with their life in a way they don't like ....and they will remember it for a long time... 
We are all different and deal with situations differently . My way may not be the right way , it is just my way .  I wouldn't just hit them without any warning ...I make the situation very clear to them and tell them exactly what I will do, if they do whatever they are about to do .... So if they then go and do it ... tuff !!! I'll hit them .
 All I want is a quiet life and to be left alone .  Some people won't leave you alone though ... they have to push and keep on pushing .... well so be it ... I can push too ...and will . I make no apologies for it , I am what I am . But I do not go round hitting people willy nilly , nor am I a bully . When I was at school, I stopped the bullying that was going on . The 4th year so called hard nuts , picking on the little 1st year kids . I went and kicked the crap out of all the bullies one by one , and told them every time one of them hit another little 1st year kid I would go round and kick the crap out of them all again....no more little kids got bullied or hit ...Mind you I did have a meeting with a dozen or so of the hard nuts, 12 onto 1 ...real hard cases eh ? . Well I came off worse . A week or so in hospital , and a few cracked ribs and a broken nose and a cracked cheek bone and 30 odd stitches. But these things heal ...and then I gave them what they gave me ...and more ... one by one . They never touched me or anyone else again . I will not be bullied by anyone , nor will I bully anyone . But there are consequences to actions and some  people think they  can interfere , control and ruin other peoples lives, without  consequence ... wrong ... not with me . Like I say , I may not be right , it is just how I am .

cheers

Russ   

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 05:42:45 am »
Im with you Rusty  ;D

We own several properties and if one got taken over by sqatters in between tennants moving in then we aint gonna go to court to remove them.
We do have some very large friends.  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 10:50:47 am »
I can understand that.  John's father wasn't just a bully, he was a drunk too.  I rememebr John and his brother going to see the old man not long before he died, and he came to the door with a beer can in one hand, a whisky glass in the other and told them to B off.  Nice!  They didn't go again.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 07:05:11 pm »
How do you mean,Paul?
it works the other way too.
we were new so we were picked on. speaking to other newish folks they got the same treatment. most folks are fine but it only takes one missrable sod to make your dream a nightmare. in our case we think it was because he wanted our land. it makes you suspect everyone

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
Shetland Paul that is awful.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 05:21:02 pm »
Not everyone is a bad 'un Paul.  You were unlucky.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04:46 pm »
no were dead lucky. our neighbors are great. just this one guy. the trouble is even thou were in the wilds each house is in view of others. its just this guy is a window starer.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 10:42:22 am »
Ah, I see!  Stare him back! ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS