Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: jealous!!!!  (Read 3338 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
jealous!!!!
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:43:14 pm »
Thank's all for your reply's, great to read of all the other animal's ye keep
interesting to see that some goat keeper's do the cae test and others don't,
well as for me now i don't know to do so or not!! someone said that the owner of the billy would ask to see the cert before going ahead
could some one briefly explain what it is if you don't mind, the cae not the cert! ;)
I could poss find out on net, but since ye guy's have been doing this for a long time, and know what ye are doing and talking about
i will be a student and let ye be the teachers!!!
i do app all your help and advice, my wife does tell me to let those poor people alone for awhile!!!!!!!!!!
Langdon ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: jealous!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:58 pm »

i do app all your help and advice, my wife does tell me to let those poor people alone for awhile!!!!!!!!!!

Just you tell her to leave you alone with your addiction and your addicted friends  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:32:17 pm »
Yes, you will soon be saying you have an addition ....  keep asking question, you can be certain there is someone who can help with an answer.....thats one of the  good things about this forum - people are really helpful and ready to share their knowledge and experiences.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:26:00 pm »
http://www.goatworld.com/articles/cae.shtml

for a simple (ish) explanation of CAE.
Its a virus that can be passed to kids, that affects the joints & nervous system causing pain and deformity.
The test helps to reduce the instances of it, in that one shouldn't breed from an infected animal.  the test has helped reduce cases in Britain.

It is a simple blood test, and most stud places will want evidence of an annual or bi-annual test, so if you need an outside stud, surely its better just to get the test done...

We're still waiting to see photos of milly and molly!
Little Blue

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:42:38 pm »
Langdon ;)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 05:44:33 pm »
we are trying to post photos of milly and molly without much luck, sorry  :-[
Langdon ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 05:50:34 pm »
Perhaps you need to reduce the size first?  There is a limit of 128kbs per photo and a limit of four photos. Click on additional options below left on a reply message, click on browse to find the photo on your computer, then click post.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 05:54:02 pm »
 ;D me and my wifey lol when we read your post!!!!
it does become an addiction, over night is well!!!!! :goat:

Langdon ;)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »
If you get a CAE test done, your vet will provide you with a form to say that the tests are negative. Thats what you will need to take with you if you go to a stud male that is already CAE tested. You should get in contact with a stud owner before you are thinking of suddenly turning up with your goats in season.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS