Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetlands, in lamb, ram lamb, dry ewes and store lambs, Reading  (Read 1980 times)

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Shetlands, in lamb, ram lamb, dry ewes and store lambs, Reading
« on: January 30, 2015, 02:12:24 pm »
Hi there  :wave:

Due to our spring grazing being dropped we have to try and reduce the burden on our small lambing paddocks, so we are putting a small amount of sheep up for sale, we have to prioritize and so are keeping the more commercial sheep and are letting go of the shetlands.

Anything not sold will be put in the Foscote Smallholder and Machinery Sale on the 28th of March
http://www.thame-market.co.uk/sitefiles/upload_docs/FLYER%20SUMMER.pdf

We have for sale the following,

9x pedigree shetland ewes, been running with ram, 6 white with some very good fleeces, 2 black and 1 grey katmoget, 5 of these lambed last year as shearlings and 4 of these will be lambing this year as shearlings, they have been running with the ram and all were raddle marked, due from the 13th of March, rams were only in for 4 weeks, ram is an easy lambing charollais ram with good head cover and good growth rates, he was born outside in January, all very good feet and were bred for worm resistance from an organic farm, have never had one limp, looking for £75 each

2 empty shetland ewes, one moorit and one grey, I didnt put them in lamb as I wanted to sell them but didnt get round to it, both lambed outside with no intervention last year, one always has twins the other had a single, the moorit one has a superb fleece, the grey one is pedigree, moorit one is pure bred but not pedigree, £40 each

2 pedigree (but not yet registered) shetland ewe lambs, their mothers are pedigree and I have dads tag number so these can still be registered if you wish, one is black and is out of a black ewe wich is for sale above and the other is white and is out of the grey katmoget ewe, £30 each

1 Shetland cross ewe lamb, sire was a Hampshire down cross charollais, lamb just looks like a small hampshire down, £30

6 wethers, 5 of these are pure shetland wethers, 1 is the brother to the above lamb, looks like small hampshire down, £25 each

1 pedigree shetland ram lamb, not yet registered, very stunning, jet black with lovely horns, £40

Sheep are located in Burghfield, berkshire, just South of Reading, delivery is possible within certain areas and if fuel is paid for

Please email on duckberry@gmail.com or mobile is 07885643832

Many thanks

Jess

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Re: Shetlands, in lamb, ram lamb, dry ewes and store lambs, Reading
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:05:12 pm »
All in lamb shetland ewes are spoken for  :)

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Re: Shetlands, in lamb, ram lamb, dry ewes and store lambs, Reading
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:16:41 pm »
Everything sold and gone,
I took everything (apart from the in lamb ewes which I sold privately) to the livestock market  :thumbsup: thankyou

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS