Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: my pigs are free range  (Read 3970 times)

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
my pigs are free range
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »
I know that in theory they are meant to be anyway, but that wasn't supposed to include the garden.  Both children and piglets very happy, I am pretending I haven't noticed  :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: my pigs are free range
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »
Ours got into the garden and I though how lovely they looked free ranging.........literally ten minutes later looked again and it resembled an archeological dig! Their ability to cause such destruction is epic!

We're quickly returned to their own quarters snappish and fencing upgraded  ;D

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:17:02 pm »
mine used to have the run of the entire holding (65 acres) and also use to walk in the house if the door was open. mind you I drew the line when one came into the toilet looking for me  :roflanim:
we had one sow who use to untie the ponies and once took a pony up the steps and down the road, with his rope in her mouth.
love pigs  :love: :love:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:44:14 pm »
They aren't truely free until they have the run of the house too....  :pig:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:55:59 pm »
They aren't truely free until they have the run of the house too....  :pig:

Don't tell my boys that, they were trying to get them to climb the steps on to the climbing frame so they could go down the slide!

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:16:50 pm »
Don't tell my boys that, they were trying to get them to climb the steps on to the climbing frame so they could go down the slide!

Love that :D I have this bookmarked on my Pinterest as a "one day" :D

http://www.viralnova.com/awesome-farmer-builds-water-slide-for-pigs/

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:12:34 pm »
Hilary's Mum used to post some fab pics of Hilary on the sofa I seem to recall  :excited:  (Hilary was a pig....)

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 09:14:34 pm »
Anybody who knows what happened to Hilary's Mum? Her stories were hilarious, I remember her referring to  Digsby as a one-pig sofa disposal company ;D 

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 11:01:42 pm »
Piglets should be 100% free range, I think :)

Mine used to help the collies bring the sheep in (video on Facebook), and regularly set off on 'raiding parties' (pic attached).

When you wanted them back you just made the 'food coming' noise, and they'd all go 'Weeee Weeee Weeee' all the way home!  They really did!   :roflanim:

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Basil

• Joined Dec 2014
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 06:03:36 pm »
Our pigs were really free range today. They were running along the railway line. BUT NOT FOR LONG ???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS