Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sad sale of Whitefaced Woodland flock Herefordshire HR6 - pictures added  (Read 5868 times)

chonty

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Herefordshire
Very sad sale of our Whitefaced Woodland flock.  Due to a move to Ireland we are unable to take our beloved woodies as they are not MV accredited and are not a Scrapie monitored flock.

They are pedigree and registered with the RBST Combined Flock Book.

1 shearling ram Pentrenant Cai (proven)

5 unrelated 2011 born ewes (hopefully in lamb to Cai due March/April)

3 unrelated shearling ewes ( again hopefully in lamb)

3 related ewe lamb (2 of which are registered)

2 uncastrated ram lambs (1 of which registered as shows great promise as ram)

I want a really good home for these animals as they really are  lovely creatures and I am absolutely gutted that I can't take them :(

Open to iffers on pricing. Want to see if there is any interest as I would like them to go to new owners sooner rather than later as I don't want to upset the girls by transporting them unnecessarily too close to due date.

Pictures to follow.

Thanks

Chantal
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:12:05 pm by chonty »

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
Re: Sad sale of Whitefaced Woodland flock Herefordshire HR6
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:06:06 pm »
Did you realise you could take them as long as they're scrapie genotype 1 ARRARR (Southern Ireland) and mv tested within 30 days of export & again 6 months after importation

chonty

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Herefordshire
Re: Sad sale of Whitefaced Woodland flock Herefordshire HR6
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 07:09:12 am »
As far as I understand it they need to be ARR/ARR (is this likely if theyre not bred for it?) and they have to have 2 blood tests for MV not less than six months apart but with the second being within 30 days of export. Its the ARR which is the biggest problem.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: Sad sale of Whitefaced Woodland flock Herefordshire HR6 - pictures added
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 09:15:03 pm »
They are really lovely, if I had enough room I'd take them   :love:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05:22 pm »
Beautiful  ! So sorry you have to leave them behind  :(

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:31:14 pm »
Are you wanting to sell them together or would you split....?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:36:01 am »
You could try the farmers guardian, place an ad in the paper, farming ads, preloved, petlist, fridayads, vivastreet. These advert websites are the best I have found and are free. Also you could try petbuy. Hope this helps and am so sorry you have to sell em.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 03:29:38 pm »
They do look beautiful. Great starter flock for some lucky person. Hope they come along soon for you.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

chonty

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 06:34:26 pm »
Hello all

2 of the three yearlings are now spoken for but please pm me if you are interested in the rest.

I'm not looking to make a fortune from them but I do want to secure them a good home. And yes they are beautiful sheep which I will struggle to replace as woodies are almost non existent in Ireland :((

Chantal

TWhist123

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 09:49:04 am »
Are any of these sheep still for sale? 

Haremeare

• Joined Mar 2015
Hello all

2 of the three yearlings are now spoken for but please pm me if you are interested in the rest.

I'm not looking to make a fortune from them but I do want to secure them a good home. And yes they are beautiful sheep which I will struggle to replace as woodies are almost non existent in Ireland :((

Chantal
Hello did you manage to rehome your sheep? If not I am very interested , and based near Shrewsbury

quantock

• Joined Feb 2010
  • taunton
hi we have woodys here and would like to get more could you email me what you have left thanks chris at Quantock@talktalk.net

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS