Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Collie/kelpie cross puppies for sale, from good working stock  (Read 9636 times)

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Collie/kelpie cross puppies for sale, from good working stock
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:07 pm »
I'm not going to mention breeds or breed specifics here but the are plenty of kc registered dogs ,with supposed health checks that are so sick ,disfigured ,temperamentally unhinged that they should have been put down at birth and certainly never be bred from ! A healthy dog with out any of the breed specific issues bred with another dig free of its own breed specific issues is highly likely  to produce fit and healthy pups !

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 06:21:49 pm »
The pups look lovely. I hope you find good working homes. Woof.  :dog:

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 08:14:11 pm »
Having recently fostered a kelpie x collie i think its a good cross for a working sheepdog. could make fab agility dogs too. You can advertise on agilitynet website to a very wide audience. Good luck in getting them good homes.
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »
The pups have been bred by a vet so trust me mother ,father and pups are of the beat of health ! Registered dogs and the kennel club is ok if you want to prance up and down a carpet at a dog show . The healthier dogs of all are  x breeds and this is down to hybrid vigour ! So I pose a question as a smallholder what could be better than a x between  A collie with proven ability with sheep/ goats and a kelpie with ample proven ability with sheep/ cattle ? But removing most if the inherited medical issues either breed ail with !!!!
I am sure they are - but I mean the recognised inherited diseases and conditions as listed by the kennel Club, not just heart, lungs, hands on checks etc.  I have no idea whether these two breeds have any or not, but if you breed a labrador to a poodle and both have not been tested for HD then the potential is there for all resulting puppies from non tested stock (labradoodles) to have Hip Dysplasia.  Just saying.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 11:53:15 am »
I'm always interested in these discussions of 'hybrid vigour' versus 'pedigree purebred is best' - but remind myself of the marketplace rule

Please do not reply to marketplace posts unless you are asking a question about the services or goods advertised. Any general comments should be posted in the relevant forum board, with a link / reference back to the marketplace post.

so I guess we have to take that over to Dogs?

Your pups sound fab, fsmnutter.  I'm sure you'll home them all no bother.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »
Thank you all for your interest.
The puppies are all away to new homes, except the one we always wanted to keep for our smallholding.
There are two others away to smallholders, three away to big farms to work sheep or cattle, and two as pets.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS