Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: you tube clip - making compost in Africa  (Read 1245 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
you tube clip - making compost in Africa
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:52:27 pm »
 If you have a spare 15 mins and want a nice relax, then watch this laid back clip about how to make compost in Africa.  It's a bit sickly at the very end, but I loved most of it, especially the lovely veg they produced.  It's educational too.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byNnJ1KRWDU

Being You Tube of course you get sent on to all sorts of related clips, my favourite of which was where one man was working at making a compost bin, and 13 were watching........ :thumbsup:

I'm looking for tips on how to make a giant compost tumbler, and a compost bin which is not made from pallets, but I'm always happy to be sidetracked  ;D  :garden:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: you tube clip - making compost in Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 01:18:39 pm »
Then I watched this one about making compost in 1941 - no bin, but very neat.  Watch out for the brilliant carrot clamp in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce7IVl-glaQ

I don't agree with adding sulphate of ammonia when human urine is a wonderful activator, but otherwise it looks the biz.  Of course my hens would have the whole thing spread out across the garden in no time, so for us it has to be in a wooden bin.

I've given up on the idea of a tumbler as they don't look very useful, but are apparently a lot of work.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS