Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do you really believe me?  (Read 5040 times)

sandy

Re: Do you really believe me?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 09:56:15 pm »
Reading your recipes Wizard you seem a very good and adventurous cook...can I come for dinner??? beats oven chips!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 06:11:26 pm »
Hello Sandy I didn't know where Clackmannon is so I wrote it in the Google box The resultant pages are very nice but its a long way from Grimsby.Should you ever venture South and come to see the Humber Bridge and the various other attractions Email me and well set a day and time.Feed you some proper food not this Michelin ? * muck.Some as ull put a linnin on yer tummy as Mother would say.Nothing like HFW at all but I will try any thing edible but not FISH I HATE FISH.I know its good for you its full of Omega 3 and all that rubbish.I have lasted 74 years this year We celebrated our Golden Wedding last December.Living on every thing that is bad for you like fat bacon fried fat roast beef.You can try some Stuffed chine and Lincolnshire haslet I am told they are an acquired taste but we have always eaten them.Same with suet puddings We love em  medium size basin wetted and a nice suet pastry liner filled with chopped bramley apples and a big spoon of golden syrup over then fold the sides over to make a lid cover with grease proof paper and steam a couple of hours.Serve with a good helping of custard.When you find a better pud let me know and I'll try it.(Not Christmas though they are special for use once a year lol ) :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 06:19:00 pm »
Sorry all.Sandy We tried oven chips and micro chips they are revolting I cannot dare not tell you what we thought of them.In the super markets the freezer will be full in the morning and if we have to go in an afternoon there will only be a few bags left so someone must eat them.As I said to Scatty they're like Tibetan Cow :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sandy

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »
My mouth is watering, not made a steamed pudding for years as I am fat enough...my parents bought a house in Barton on the  Humber when the bridge was being built, they sold it millions of years ago then bought one in CLeethorps, lovely fish and chips there!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 01:23:46 pm »
Hey up Sandy Yes it does seem a long time ago since HMQ opened the Bridge doesn't it.I don't go far away now but in the past I have called at some of these fish and chip shops but when one is used to Steel's or Ernie Becketts Marklews and the like in Cleethorpes.I oft used to wonder how they sold any.Still if one hasn't tried Marklews one knows no better eh!You cannot be fat a little plump maybe but not fat I have weighed a pound either side of 16stn; (225lbs) since my teens and I shall be 74 this year as I keep saying.I eat fat anything ham, bacon, beef,suet pastry and don't tell anyone the rhubarb under the bucket is knobin nicely Oh! Rhubarb and treacle in a basin with suet pastry  :farmer:uuuummmmm!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS