Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Teach Your Chicken to Fly (Apparently!!)  (Read 1735 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Teach Your Chicken to Fly (Apparently!!)
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:02 pm »
It wasn't intentional! Honestly, I was looking for something else (books on  :pig: keeping as it happens!  ;)), but there it was in all it's glory:

ABEBooks Wierd book of the week: "The Teach Your Chicken to Fly Training Manual", by Trevor Weekes

Power to the poultry!

Based on material developed in 1940 for the Society for the Rights of Inferior Birds, Trevor Weekes' definitive guide will have your chickens flying free as birds should be. Using careful instructions, detailed diagrams and specially designed exercises to build up wing strength, Weekes guides you in training your chickens to take to flight.

Also included in The Teach Your Chicken to Fly Training Manual are emotional anecdotes about flying fowl associations and training academies and a rare photograph of Gregory Peck, the first chicken flier.

Okaaaay....... don't call us, we'll call you!!  :o

It even gets a five star review on Amazon!

Top stuff!!! Never before have i fully understood the mechanics of my fowl friends. Excellent schematic diagrams and step by step instructions, it has to be seen to be believed. Soon the sky will fill with clucking and people waiting at bus stops will receive a good egging.

Frankly, I'm speechless!!  :-[
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:52:30 pm by Womble »
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: Teach Your Chicken to Fly (Apparently!!)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »
.......and we spend so much time trying to get ours NOT to fly! :D

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

sandy

Re: Teach Your Chicken to Fly (Apparently!!)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »
OK, so what about a book on teaching dogs to sniff peoples bit's,  some one must teach them as my pups will not see thier mum or dad sniffing "bit's" ????? and goldfish to swim, dogs to bark?/whatever next.....I wounder how many they sold??/ ummmmmm may be moeny in it??? ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS