Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: does anyone make their own pate?  (Read 8031 times)

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
does anyone make their own pate?
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:23:52 pm »
if anyone makes pate i would love some recipe ideas please.
also has anyone got any recipe ideas for quail.we keep cotournix jumbo quail and was wondering what to do with them all soon. might try pickled eggs as well.hmm     :chook:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: does anyone make their own pate?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:26:31 pm »
Hello Scatty In this T A S on the 23 Dec Jackie asked about Duck Pheasant and Partridge I replied to this with not quite what you asked but try these and I posted several pate recipes See if there is one you fancy if not I'll give you some more.I don't do fish though Try em George and Kath XXX
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:22:57 pm »
I pickled some eggs in the autumn for my OH as he loves them, some friends where around at Christmas time and they were all raving about them saying what a difference that the were made with free range eggs. Got lots of friends asking me to make some for them. The Kilner type jars are really cheap at the moment in Ikea.

;D
Lavinia

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:41:36 am »
Andrew, who's on here sometimes, makes fabulous pate. I know; I ate loads at his house.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:47:48 pm »
Well, if he brings some on Wednesday I'll bring the biccies to have with it!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 07:57:15 pm »
Well, if he brings some on Wednesday I'll bring the biccies to have with it!

Annie you are on a diet and are not supposed to be eating biscuits and pate. lol another weigh in tomorrow
Lavinia

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 08:11:53 pm »
Who are you - my Mother!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 08:18:12 pm »
no just a  little reminder that those of us that have ate too much pate in the past are paying for it now....

:-* :-* :-*
Lavinia

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:27:07 pm »
I don't actually like a LOT of it - a little goes a long way.  I think I vaguely remember making a pate that was low in fat and calories but I can't remember when or where - part of the Senior Moment syndrome

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 10:10:14 am »
Hello you two I can not think of any thing much more revolting than low fat pate is there something?Can youse remember that wonderful H-P biscuit "Breakfast Biscuit" Like toast but more so no burnt edges lol.A good dollop of pate and another and another then you didn't want any dinner lol.I got it made I used 2 sorts from one meat mix which was Fezi breasts a partridge and rabbit with a stockie.Half the mix and put through the 6m/m mincer plate In the pate tin coat with butter 1/2" meat a mean layer of sliced mushrooms s&p and a drop of brandy he he continue more meat more fungi etc until the tin is full cover with foil.
The other half put into the Braun Blitzer Goblet add 4 Tbl/spn brandy and 2 oz shelled walnuts S&P and melt 2 oz of butter and add to the goblet.Blitz until a very smooth paste Fill into silicon cup cake cases and put both pates in a bain-marie cook 1/2 hr on Gas 3 Take out and allow to cool cover all with a little melted butter and leave a couple of days before tasting (WOT NO FAT uh!) Try it and see  :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »
It must be time for bed - I looked at the title of this thread and thought Bl88dy hell "Dogs make their own pate"!!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:15 am »
Yes Miri I cannot say as I fancy some on toast though Hows OH and the Series 2? :farmer:

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:39 pm »
Look at this recipe, George. I've got some leftover port somewhere....

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/315820/Three-pork-pate

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 06:53:16 pm »
tomorrows project when weve bin shoppin sage with out a doubt :pig: ;D :farmer:

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 01:34:18 pm »
Are you going to put port or brandy in it George? Wondering cos you're teetotal and that.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS