Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We have Snow!  (Read 3213 times)

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
We have Snow!
« on: December 26, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »
Snow falling in Bakewell, Derbyshire.  Lets hope we get what they say we will. I love the white stuff.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: We have Snow!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »
Very jealous  :huff: it's been forecast here all day and the little weather station on the window has been flurrying but no white from the sky yet  :snowman:

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 09:01:46 pm »
When I woke this morning, I thought we had snow but no it was a really, really hard frost.
Fingers crossed we get some at 1 point this winter - the dogs love it.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:18:43 am »
It's a lovely morning here in Devon, calm and mild with pale blue skies. Long may it last :fc:

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 08:50:45 am »
-25 here and only 4 inches of snow. None forecast either. It seems so strange ???

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:34:17 am »
you sound like you want snow? why would you?

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 09:37:58 am »
I'm prepared for it. thats why I love it. I've got a honda atc that will go anywhere in the snow and the state the fields are in its a good chance to get around without making a mess. as well as being loads of fun with the kids sledging along behind.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 09:46:16 am »
We are just super cold here. I really think OH should have take a video yesterday of the goat kids ice skating across the duck pond then my 7 year old with a crow bar trying to break through the ice to let the ducks in.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 11:09:26 am »
As Devonlady says..just sunshine and blue skies down here  ;D and long may that last..the new orchard got a good watering though…which was nice  ;D

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 11:22:48 am »
We had a tremendous amount of snow fall here (near Stafford) in a really short time last night.  My parents tried to go home to Wales and were forced to turn back and had to stop the night. My sister tried to make a twenty five minute journey home to stoke and it took her three hours!
Melting fast this morning but kids out making snowmen as I speak.

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 11:46:03 am »
We've just had a morning outside with the kids. Towing them behind the trike, we tried to build a snowman but the snow was to dusty and wouldn't stick

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 06:25:24 pm »
We had a tremendous amount of snow fall here (near Stafford) in a really short time last night.  My parents tried to go home to Wales and were forced to turn back and had to stop the night. My sister tried to make a twenty five minute journey home to stoke and it took her three hours!
Melting fast this morning but kids out making snowmen as I speak.

How strange because, although we had snow yesterday afternoon, it was followed by rain which cleared most of it. More fell around 9pm but that had cleared by 2am. We're only an hour southish from Stafford.

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 07:38:31 pm »
well I thought I was too far south for the snow here in carmarthenshire, but it was snowing here 1/2 an hour ago - although it's gone back to hailstones now.

Mind you I am 700' up.

regen

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »
Hello MAB

Hope its all gone by morning - drive back from Norfolk where there is no snow.

Regen

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 08:42:23 pm »
Hi Regen, you should be OK - there's not a lot and it seems to be melting.  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS