Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New to TAS  (Read 3783 times)

CHICKEN GEORGE

• Joined May 2008
  • west yorkshire
New to TAS
« on: May 04, 2008, 11:49:14 am »
Hello to everyone at TAS. I live in Halifax West Yorkshire We currently have about 30 chickens of various breeds 20 Geese, 6 ducks, 7 Goslings and finally 2 Ducklings.We have been keeping poultry for about 3 years and still loving every minute of it. The site is brilliant, very informative and seems to have some very friendly members.

Thankyou

Chicken George

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: New to TAS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 01:45:37 pm »
Hi, Chicken George

Welcome to the TAS forums - I'm sure you'll find them interesting and useful! And we'll look forward to hearing about your advertures too.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 03:23:38 pm »
Move to France! it is so hard to find people who breed all the specials! Welcome and post us lots of info about your birds - breeding geese in particular - I have them but have no success in any hatchlings. I have had to buy goslings from the market for the female. It has been successful from the point of view to her accepting them, but not her hatching any. Could it be because they are from the market themselves?

Also, do you know about turkeys.  I have Marge and Homer, again from the market, and would like to keep them in exactly the right environment to hopefully have their own little Bart and Lisa!

Kate  :turkey:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 06:29:23 pm »
Hello and welcome, please let us know what breeds of chicken you have- we too have some rare breeds, maybe into egg swapping over the water!!!!- sorry I am from France too.

Carole

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:09:47 pm »
hey  ;D

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:59:04 am »
Hi ChickenGeorge  ;D

Welcome. Would love to hear more about your chickens, geese and ducks. We're looking to get about 20 chickens in the next week or two. I'd love a big mixture, but I'm not sure which are best? We'll be moving on to geese and ducks after that, so go on, tell us more  ;)

Pebbles

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 09:20:30 am »
hiya from fws central scotland

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS