Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: kill it cook it eat it  (Read 5283 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
kill it cook it eat it
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »
Is anyone else watching this seres, and getting fed up of the vegan trying to tell the abboir?(thick moment) people how to do their job?  ;)

i am all for having a view but seriously .... come on, he has eaten meat before he became succumbed to "Fluffy animal syndrome"  >:(

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
Re: kill it cook it eat it
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:41:23 pm »
im feeling the same and hes more concerned  cows ect causing about global warming,but the constant smirk on phobe?s face is getting to me as well
and i think that the slaughter isnt nice but its done as humane as possible,thats what counts.i dont think i could kill a cow pig or sheep myself,more worried about doing it wrong,but once its dead,mmmmm

if we had no farms ect would they just build more  towns?

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:25:42 pm »
Yes i do understand what you mean about the smirk on phoebe.

I guess i am on the same thought waves as her as i disagree with the vegan almost completely,
But then i have always eaten meat and understood where it comes from.
I remember me and my sister having a mini competition as to who's "cow" would produce the most meat, sad but true.
 I have been gutting rabbits since i was 8, and hens since i was 10, and find it strange when you see adults setting examples on TV, against what i know and believe

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:07:51 pm »
Hi,
I missed the first one, but saw last night's one with the lambs.
That vegan - James, really got up my nose - when he was saying to Pheobe that if his cat was ill and in pain he would nurse it and look after it until nature took it's course rather than having it put to sleep. Ridiculous ! How can he say he care's about animals  ???
I'll be trying to stay up for tonight's episode, but it's getting past my bedtime now so don't know if I'll manage it  ;)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:09:03 pm »
I missed last nights one, i fell asleep.  ;D i'm going to try and stay up

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »
I watched it last night on bbc 3, showing pigs. think I've missed sheep and cows.
Wonder how they pick the people on it...
Which one was it arguing with pig farmer about castration?  I thought he was very patient with her (bloomin townies...)
Little Blue

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:24:28 pm »
she was a vegan,but shes seems ok,the argument was she wanted to learn but everyone was voicing their opinion .was that the best way of doing it?does it really have to be done.why couldnt you use anasthetic and how much pain is the animal in both during and after? valid questions i think personally. i think theyre all starting to annoy each other because it always seems to turn into arguments,

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »
First time I've watched it, but yes there did seem to be some arguing and obvious tensions.
Little Blue

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 08:41:48 pm »
tonights is chickens and they kill them themselves.   :chook:  :chook:  :chook:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »
Did you watch it?  I missed the beginning but saw them with the chicks, then the slaughtering etc.
Little Blue

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:23 am »
yeh have watched all of them now,want to make brawn out of a pigs head.still wouldnt like to eat tripe tho. but love liver and ox heart,  :yum:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:01:12 am by scattybiker1972 »

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 08:30:17 pm »
Did that a couple of days ago - spent hours fiddling with head, had to cut it up to get it in pan (yuk! - should have got someone else to do it cos only had a blunt axe) then fiddling with fat and skin and meat (more yuk!) only to find the only members of the family that enjoyed it were the dogs.  Now wondering what to do with the other half of the head cos I'm not faffing round with that again if no-one is going to eat it!!  Wouldn't mind but I'd told the butcher I didn't want the head back - personally I prefer my meat to look as if its never been alive, wimpy I know.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 09:29:21 pm »
Just give it to the dogs as it is - they'll LOVE it! But if any of tha family are squeamish - don't watch! ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:55:55 am »
xnbacon, thanks for that made me laugh. ;D ;D :D

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 10:59:24 pm »
First one I watched was the last one today, fast food. I think they raised serious issues and I liked that they chose young people who came from quite different backgrounds with their food habits. although I am eating meat and am sort of a smallholder (probably a pathetic one in most people's eyes), I do feel very close to some of the arguments and my biggest hurdle is the killing of animals. It's a huge dilemma for me! But I do not have an issue with keeping them "in captivity", all my animals do have a good life, I would love to be able to keep some for meat, but I might do better turning veggie, lol :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS