Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pastures New  (Read 5279 times)

numptykevin

• Joined May 2008
Pastures New
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:11:10 pm »
Hello to one and all.

The family and I are in the process of buying our own little bit of Devon as part of our long held ambition to be far from the madding crowd. ( and noise, smoke, neighbours, traffic, etc.. )

We have never grown so much as a daffodil before and have absolutely no idea what awaits..............but the field looked nice and flat so it was now or never.

Being bumbling incompetants, I thought it would be a good idea to get as much help as possible whilst we have the time. So in addition to a multitude of disparate books on topics as varied as " Cloud shapes and their hidden meaning " to " Wellie wanging for the beginner " registering with this site struck me as being most appropriate as we will doubtless be a series of accidents waiting to happen !

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
Re: Pastures New
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 06:43:21 am »
Hi

Welcome to the site and good luck with your foray into the world of smallholding etc.  For the wellie wanging is it best to sling them left hand or right hand ??  ;D ;D

fg

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:52:55 am »
Welcome, not being a gardener myself cant offer much advice, although I grow a really superb crop of dandelions this time of the year.  (Young leaves make a tasty alternative to lettuce). 

You will find this site is a great source of information.  It will be great to hear your news, and where your experiences take you.  Looking forward to hearing more.  HM

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 01:48:55 pm »
Hi, and welcome.

Looking forward to sharing your experiences with you and offering help, advice, commiserations and congratulations as appropriate.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 03:24:27 pm »
Welcome from us to.  A  blank canvass - how exciting.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 06:30:05 pm »
Hi and welcome from us in Brittany

Carole

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 10:49:25 am »
Hi from me too  :)

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 03:08:57 pm »
HEY ALL SOUNDS VVV.EXCITING!! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED!

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 10:26:49 pm »
i think this site should suit you to a 't' - loads of good advice - something for everyone - where in Devon?
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:03:42 am »
Welcome Numpty Kevin!

Twelve months ago I too was a paid up member of "Bumbling Incompitents United"  ;D Its amazing how quickly you learn and how much you absorb when you have to. There are loads of really helpful, experienced smallholders here happy to share so if you have a question or sixty just ask.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Pebbles

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 09:15:29 am »
hiya from fws central scotland remember baby steps :)

why run when you can walk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS