Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: accidents cause injury!  (Read 2546 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
accidents cause injury!
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:22:41 am »
Last evening I went outside to shut in the hens, they usually go in of a night time, anyway I walked through the back door and not looking I slammed it on my fingers, thankfully they are only bruised, I spent the rest of the evening with ice packs and witch hazel, they're ok now though, still very bruised and sore, but much better than when I first slammed the door on them. :relief:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:29:35 am by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: accidents cause injury!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 08:42:20 am »
That was silly thing to do. Bet the fingers are stiff this morning.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:14:08 am »
Ouch… we have all done it..wishing you a speedy recovery  :thumbsup: no pun intended with the thumbs up  ;D

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:39:48 am »
Surprisingly not too stiff, they seem much better. When I first tried moving them it was agony, but now they seem ok. Thanks guys for the nice comments.  :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:22:50 am »
Sore thing to do. The number of times I have banged my head when shutting in the hens because I forget to duck. I often think to myself what a dangerous job I do every day when mucking out, taking the ponies in when the weather is very wet and windy. We take each day for granted but one small mistake could take everything away. Smallholders live in the danger lane !

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:47:46 am »

Mr F is very sympathetic - he whacked his thumb with a hammer this morning  :tired:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:08:16 pm »

Mr F is very sympathetic - he whacked his thumb with a hammer this morning  :tired:
Am so sorry to hear that hope he gets better soon. I remember once I dropped a breeze block on my fingernail and it went black for weeks, until it grew out.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:26:17 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »
Sore thing to do. The number of times I have banged my head when shutting in the hens because I forget to duck. I often think to myself what a dangerous job I do every day when mucking out, taking the ponies in when the weather is very wet and windy. We take each day for granted but one small mistake could take everything away. Smallholders live in the danger lane !
I absoloutely agree.

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 01:05:42 pm »
Urgh! That sends a shiver down my spine! I shut my toe in the back door a few months ago and chopped it off! A night in hospital and an operation later, I'm half a toe shorter with a fear of closing the back door!

I'm very glad your fingers are on the mend - be careful!

:)
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »
Big hugs to everyone who has had an accident with a door or hammer..... but have you not done that thing where the door won't shut, it's like spongy and you push it even harder to find it's your fingers that are stopping it!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 04:25:07 pm »
 :innocent:
Urgh! That sends a shiver down my spine! I shut my toe in the back door a few months ago and chopped it off! A night in hospital and an operation later, I'm half a toe shorter with a fear of closing the back door!

I'm very glad your fingers are on the mend - be careful!

Am so sorry to hear that. I'll try and be careful when shutting doors in future.
Thanks for all the comments guys I really apreciate it.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 08:47:32 pm »
I once let a heavy door swing closed on my finger and stood there saying, "You've trapped my finger in the door." It hurt so much that I couldn't think straight for a minute.

I did push the door open again though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS