Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ARAMS  (Read 6490 times)

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
ARAMS
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:35:28 pm »
hello all,
couple of lambs going to slaughter tomorrow so i have sat down with ARAMS website in front of me and started recording the movement and entered my CPH and postcode and the abattoirs CPH and postcode and i click verify and it just said 'Some of the form fields contain invalid values' so it won't let me continure, both postcodes, CPH's and phonenumbers are entered correctly??? could it be i have entered the CPH's with forawrd slashes like this **/***/****?
Cheers Ed

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
Re: ARAMS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:42:50 pm »
ok i have worked out that above post was a case of i was a knobhead!
but i am confused by
 'Is the destination a separation unit?'
'Moving animals to a Central Point Recording Centre (CPRC)'
'Is this within your business?'- i think this one is a yes as they are part of my flock and are being slaughtered for money?
Cheers Ed

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:44:27 pm »
and a bit with how many exemptions and how many off exemption?
Cheers Ed

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:45 pm »
also i am putting it down as a batch movement and now they want the flock/herd mark, as they weren't born on my holding or in my flock and thus don't have my flock mark on their tags do i put my flock number as that is what they are currently in or do i put the flock number they were born in?
Cheers Ed

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:47:29 am »
It's no wonder people are giving up :o ::)

pooks

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 08:33:20 am »
that's why I am using the form and not doing it online (its a joke!).  Good luck Ed.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 09:43:23 am »
Actually I've found the Scottish version to be pretty good online.

The only problem I had is that I thought that because I'd already registered movements online, I didn't have to send in the paper copies.  When I phoned them to apologise, they gave me a slap on the wrist and said I should have known that  :dunce: . I pointed out that this was like saying that even though I'd done an electronic bank transfer, I still had to send them in a cheque, so no wonder I was confused!  ;D .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:50:25 am »
'Is the destination a separation unit?'

No.  (If you don't know what a separation unit is - and I don't, either ;) - then it's a pretty safe bet that they're not going to one ;))

'Moving animals to a Central Point Recording Centre (CPRC)'

No.  This is where, for instance, batches of lambs are collected together to make up a wagonload, and where there is a tag-reading facility where the individual tag numbers can be read and recorded.

'Is this within your business?'- i think this one is a yes as they are part of my flock and are being slaughtered for money?

No.  At least, not unless you own the slaughterhouse as well ;).  You'd use this if you were moving sheep from a field on one of your holdings to a field on another holding that you also own.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:29 am »
I pointed out that this was like saying that even though I'd done an electronic bank transfer, I still had to send them in a cheque, so no wonder I was confused!  ;D .

:roflanim:

However, your card is now marked ;)   :excited:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Badger Nadgers

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Derbyshire/North Staffs
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 12:27:59 pm »
I do the paper one (either the carbonised versions or one off the PDF version) and send it in the post.

I only use ARMAS to see if they're received it and what they think has happened on my CPHs.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »
Hey, and guess what, from January SPS applications have to be online on a new computer system that's going to replace Government Gateway, so everyone will have to both register for the new system and apply online.  Even if the new system is unproven.  Even if they have lousy or no broadband connection.  Even if they have lousy or no mobile signal.  What bright spark sitting in a nice, warm office in Whitehall thought that one up?!

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 02:32:01 pm »
Hey, and guess what, from January SPS applications have to be online on a new computer system that's going to replace Government Gateway, so everyone will have to both register for the new system and apply online.  Even if the new system is unproven.  Even if they have lousy or no broadband connection.  Even if they have lousy or no mobile signal.  What bright spark sitting in a nice, warm office in Whitehall thought that one up?!

A very forward thinking one! No doubt trying to make it hard to claim and therefore reduce the number of successful applications

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »

I tried to use ARAMS at the weekend and encountered similar problems. After I had been shouting at the computer for half an hour OH thought he should intervene. :innocent:  He couldn't work it out either but did find a helpline number.    0844 573 0137.

To our surprise it was answered immediately by someone who was really understanding and helpful. It turns out that very few of the fields actually have to be completed. Also, the "Verify" field has been switched off at the server but has not yet been removed from the webpage. Within a couple of minutes we had completed the form and successfully submitted it. What a relief! :relief: . I can definitely recommend.

The abbatoir was really pleased as well because it made their admin work a lot quicker.

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 08:29:29 pm »
Im finding arams useless.
First it recognises my cph's, then it doesnt. Then I dont exist as a registered user, week later I exist again but one of my cph numbers is now coming up with the wrong address for it!

Sheep

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 08:47:45 pm »
Are you still allowed to use the paper version? I bought a sheep recently and the lady said the paper version was fine. I checked on ARAMs today and the sheep is there.
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS