Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gynty  (Read 7886 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Gynty
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:53:32 am »
Last night we noticed a lump on Gynty, my 9 year old Cocker Spaniel. Took her to the vets this morning and she is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed if it is cancer it is caught soon enough. The lump is attached to one of her teats and she has not been neutered. She has been eating as normal and is her normal chirpy self which has to be a good sign.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Gynty
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:52:52 pm »
Mammary gland tumours are very common in bitches, and particularity Cockers.  All three of mine had them.  They can recur though and sometimes they need a complete strip done.  Hope she is OK.  Is this one of Liz's?  Does she know?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:57:04 pm »
Annie, Gynty is one of Liz's and Liz does know. She too said the same as you so that's good. Gynty was Crufts Qualified and we first got one of her pups. However, once all her pups were taken from her she got depressed and started getting no where in dog shows as she was so depressed looking. So, Gynty came to live with us and she perked up straight away. She so loves attention.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 06:23:43 pm »
I saw Liz's new boy today, and one of Connie's puppies that she is keeping - very pretty.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 06:33:18 pm »
I have saw pictures and they are very noce indeed. :)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »
Gynty is now home and doing fine, still disoriented and not quite herself yet. She has been operated on her back, her leg and underneath at her teats, so stitches in all 3 places. The other 2 were very pleased to see her but her pup (who is now 5) really missed her mum but after the initial welcome she went off in the huff. Leaving her to some quite time and let her settle in at her own pace.  What they removed from underneath her has been sent away so the results will come back eventually.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 06:15:14 pm »
Well she is in good hands and at home so at least she will get the best treatment! Hope things are OK with her!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 08:34:34 pm »
Gynty is now home and doing fine, still disoriented and not quite herself yet. She has been operated on her back, her leg and underneath at her teats, so stitches in all 3 places. The other 2 were very pleased to see her but her pup (who is now 5) really missed her mum but after the initial welcome she went off in the huff. Leaving her to some quite time and let her settle in at her own pace.  What they removed from underneath her has been sent away so the results will come back eventually.

Did she have tumours elsewhere then, James?  I thought it was only mammary gland ones?  Not good if that's the case to be honest.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:39:09 pm »
No Annie. She had a lump on her back that we took her to the vets about a long time ago. They thought it was just a fatty lump and that we shouldn't worry. The 3rd part was looked like she had a big tick on her. Again they told us a while ago to monitor it and it could be removed if necessary. So, as she was under anesthetic anyway today they removed the other 2 things which were really just cosmetic. The lump was indeed just fatty tissue.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 09:51:40 pm »
Poor girl, all the best to her   
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 09:54:46 pm »
No Annie. She had a lump on her back that we took her to the vets about a long time ago. They thought it was just a fatty lump and that we shouldn't worry. The 3rd part was looked like she had a big tick on her. Again they told us a while ago to monitor it and it could be removed if necessary. So, as she was under anesthetic anyway today they removed the other 2 things which were really just cosmetic. The lump was indeed just fatty tissue.

I'm so glad, James.  I was worried there. ::)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 11:05:09 am »
Fingers crossed that she gets the all clear.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 11:15:14 am »
Madam managed to get herself up on the bed lastnight and she lay there all night, barely moving. She whined the whole night but seems ok enough. She is enjoying the extra attention she is getting.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 06:52:03 pm »

This is the 3 if them lastnight, as you can see Gynty is not feeling sorry for herself. Gynty is the one in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5TIaISQ1o

sandy

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 11:25:28 pm »
She looks well in the video in my opinion, mind  you, I'm not a vet but she is nice!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS