Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Knots on sticks  (Read 4520 times)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Knots on sticks
« on: October 04, 2014, 10:25:27 am »
I have recently ventured into the world of on line selling, and have opened an etsy shop entitled Knotsonsticks. I have hand knitted items for sale, only a few at the moment a I need to upload some more items when I have time! Why Knotsonsticks? Cos that is how my family refer to knitting! Just shows how little they know! Please have a look, even if only to boost my shop visit stats and make me feel a bit better!
Edit to add link- etsy.com/ shop/Knotsonsticks
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:31:16 am by Louise Gaunt »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Knots on sticks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 11:08:21 pm »
Just been on. Your items are lovely, Louise. Hope you do well.

My daughter is also on there. She is Crafty Mrs Christmas and also has some lovely things on view (not knitwear).

Maybe I should put some of my felted goods on there.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:11:49 pm »
I couldn't get on by your link LG so googled it. Your knitwear is lovely

Wish I knew how to put the website link on here so more people can view with a click  ???

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Knotsonsticks

Edited with a pasted address. Hope this helps  :sunshine:
Gosh, tried the link and it seems to work  :excited: Im almost digital literate  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:15:29 pm by Mammyshaz »

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:28:39 pm »
These items seem incredibly cheap! Are you sure you're not under selling yourself & all your hardwork?

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 09:34:01 am »
Thank you for looking! With regard to pricing, I am never sure how much to charge. I looked at similar items on etsy and have tried to price in the middle of the range. I think it is something a lot of crafters struggle with, and why hand made items do not return a large profit! I knit as a hobby and for relaxation, and if I can sell my items to cover costs and bring in enough to buy more yarn, then I am happy. I am beginning to knit with my own hand spun yarn so those items will be a bit more expensive to reflect the two processes in their production.

lars64

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »
Seen it, loved it, bought something nice for my long suffering wife!

Etsy have also given me a link so that two friends can get £5 off their first purchase. We're all friends here aren't we? So here it is:

http://etsy.me/1uAYXX7

Put that towards some of Louise's knitwear and it's even more of a bargain. BTW, don't blame me if that link doesn't work, I've never used Etsy before so claim my usual defence (ignorance).

lars64

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 11:07:39 am »
Scarf arrived safe and sound and the good news is that my wife loves it.

She has some feedback for you. She says it feels like an acrylic & wool mix, but it would be nice to know for certain for washing purposes.

So, my suggestion for you is to attach a little label like this:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/179469520/handmade-with-love-gift-tags-hang-tags?ref=market

and maybe just hand write the wool type & basic washing instructions?

For my sins, I own a small printing company so if I get time I might make you a few nice labels and pop them in the post to you so you can see the kind of thing I mean.

Just a suggestion and the main feedback is she loves the scarf & is wearing it now (out delivering the youngest to a birthday party).

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 11:42:34 am »
Thank you for the positive feedback. I am delighted your wife likes the scarf. A good point about washing instructions, I shall add something to the product descriptions, and also think about labels for items with care instructions. I will send you pm with care instructions and address if you manage to make some sample labels!

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »
 :excited: Lovely scarves arrived today :knit: .  They were bought as Christmas presents but they are so pretty I want to keep them all for myself!
Never used Itsy before, no probs at all.
Thank you Louise :thumbsup:

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 09:24:49 pm »
Etsy even ::) ::) .  Doh!

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 09:50:45 pm »
Thank you for the feedback! I am glad you like them. I am working on some different designs which will be appearing soon!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS