Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Health flock plan  (Read 1550 times)

Jamie12

• Joined Nov 2013
Health flock plan
« on: October 02, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »
I would like to do one of these, is the vet the best person to ask? Concerned he may charge a fortune. Doing an fec soon.

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
Re: Health flock plan
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:05 pm »
It's a good idea. The vet is probably the person to speak to, but as said, to do one officially, it will be expensive.

If you only have a small number of sheep, you should be able to do your own really.

The things to look at are -

Hep P
Toxo Vac
Enzo Vac

Worming
Fluke

Crovect / Clic

Those should pretty much be your routine meds.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Health flock plan
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:33:51 pm »
I have a flock plan that I've worked on over the years, with occasional advice from my vet (when he was here onother business - never waste time on pleasantries when you could be asking for information!).  It's been refined and then refined some more so is tailored specifically for my sheep, on my land and the weather conditions in this area, but it may give you a few ideas on what you could cover for your own. If you (or anyone else that's interested) would care to PM me I'll attach it to an e:mail.  At least it'll be guaranteed to send you to sleep quickly!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS