Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: getting Castlemilk Moorfits at the weekend!  (Read 4952 times)

Graemscifi

• Joined Nov 2013
Re: getting Castlemilk Moorfits at the weekend!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 05:51:47 pm »
  Thank you for the kind sentiments here, i am a little overwhelmed. I am now the proud owner of four lovely Castlemilk Moorfit ewe lambs.  They are 6 months old and so cute its ridiculous, i go out and stare at them several times a day, with a goofy grin and an internal laugh that could come out as MO HA HA. i just have to figure out how to regester them, a chore for the next rain day.

They are in fact everything i hoped for, delicate, soft and not as wild to handle as other similar breeds i have met; more a  hiding of the head in the corner, not a running up the side of the barn and looking down with distain, which can be troublesome (manx jacob cross with two young lambs who followed up to stand on the roof). They are also a good size, as big as my smallest cheviot lambs, so i am very pleased there, thier sire was a good lumb of a tup, their mothers also a decent size so i am looking forward to how they will finnishup.

They are in by at the moment waiting out there isolation period, which is good cos during the severe rain and gale we had up here the last few days they can hide inside one of the out buildings. They are variously staring up the hill at my cheviot ewe lambs who are in a wood 30 meters away or down the hill to the old horse field here where the tupps and tup lambs are in fattening up for thier annual work. I suppose they can smell each other cos both groups spend a lot of time looking and sniffing towards the other. The boys are properly pungent at the moment, a wild reek of lust and manliness, not quite as blinding, or clingy, as goat but an advert of the coming season.

i love this time of year. Its the start of the sheepie year, lots of bits and pieces of work laying the foundation of the years lambs. theres lots of work in with the sheep which i love and theres so much pleasure in turning them  into the tupping park, ewes and tupps both in top condition, letting nature start again.

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 08:08:35 am »
Glad they have arrived.... yes they are enchanting aren't they?... hope you continue to enjoy  :thumbsup: 

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 08:21:49 am »
they sound lovely ..... and you sound smitten :) :sheep: :sheep:
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 09:30:36 am »
a wild reek of lust and manliness

I'm going to remember that phrase the next time Mrs Womble points out I stink!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS