Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just watched this and there are so many emotions going through my head  (Read 3851 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Just watched this and there are so many emotions going through my head
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:43:59 pm »
Like you say Annie so many emotions and I would say how awful but I'm sure these girls wouldn't want my pity. They are strong people, they would have to be.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:46:46 pm by jameslindsay »

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:58:17 pm »
Yes, such strong girls !
What a lot to have to deal with, but they handle it well.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 10:36:47 pm »
Strangely enough pity was one of the lesser emotions I felt.  Admiration, wonder, disbelief that they had lived together so long in one body, curiosity - how do they do 'personal' things etc.  Certainly no feeling of derision or comedy.  And thankfulness I suppose that I do not have to contend with what they have to.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »
Having read the posts and being the mother of identical twins - I have decided not to watch this video. Guess that makes me a woos
kirsty

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 07:35:30 am »
I saw a documentary about these wonderful girls on tv.  It was quite some time ago now, but I just remember being in total admiration of them...and their parents.  They lived a very 'normal' life and were treated as individuals.  They went to high school  and seemed so well adjusted and typical American teenagers.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:38:58 am »
I, too saw the documentary a few years ago, and was struck then, as now, how much of a "one person" they are. Identical twins after all are , I feel, two sides of one person. One being left handed, one right. They, as well as these girls seem to start and finish a sentence independantly and automatically and often register each others pain and sorrow.
I just wish and pray for them in the future and hope that life stays sweet for them. If they were my girls I would be so proud of them!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:47:32 am »
I woosed out of watching this too, until now. What an inspiration - the girls and their family.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 12:18:29 pm »
I won't be watching it.I feel so helpless in the face of such a devastating act of nature. I wonder if we would allow animals to suffer like this. Don't tell me the girls don't suffer. They must do.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 06:44:06 pm »
They don't look like they are suffering and their family look pretty OK too - well, as much as you can tell from a short video. It' is far from depressing, in fact it's a real triumph of the human spirit.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 12:39:50 am »
Having read the posts and being the mother of identical twins - I have decided not to watch this video. Guess that makes me a woos

Don't be afraid Kirsty - it is a beautifully presented video, and one that the girls themselves wanted to do.  You are not a woos.

sandy

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 07:36:29 pm »
I saw the programme a few years ago along with several other conjoined twins, the programme was very well made. They may have medical problems but other social problems are created by others wanting them to be "normal" They can have a life together and may marry have children etc if it is medically possible, there are many conjoined twins who do, the sad bit will come if one dies or has to die as it is making them both likely to die. I see them as just another form of humanity, happy in their world but no doubt they would love to be like their peers!!

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »
Ok thanks Annie
you encouraged me to watch it. .....They are amazing girls and it looks as though they are living within a great community.
It makes my daily dilemmas on caring for my 13 year old identical twin girls very simple. My girls are just exporing what it is like to have separate friends at the moment, which is causing a bit of tension.  I think that it is a necessary stage in their development though. I wonder how Abbey and Brittany cope with liking different people.
This seems to me to be a story that celebrates difference and wonder of the human spirit. I'm glad I watched it.
kirsty

sandy

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 10:15:36 pm »
Marigold my nieces are identical twins and they always have each other and see different perpectives of the same event!!! In a family siblings will have a common bond but twins have much more!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS