Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New feature: Like posts  (Read 285971 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: New feature: Like posts
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 05:47:49 pm »
BTW.
I realized if you press the return button it clears your 'like', same with posts, kept wondering why mine disappeared  ;D .
Unless its just me  :)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2018, 10:21:45 am »
BTW.
I realized if you press the return button it clears your 'like', same with posts, kept wondering why mine disappeared  ;D .

Sadly the module uses the same address to toggle the 'Like' state, so if you Like a post, then refresh the page, it will unlike it immediately. I could rewrite it - will add it to the list.  :)

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 10:31:56 am »
Apologies for reopening an old post, but I really do think that everyone would benefit from knowing who has liked their posts.  It might also go along way to prevent some of the misunderstanding/nastiness that is sometimes experienced on here.
Openness and honesty is always the best policy - anonymous likes goes against this IMHO.

Happy to revist this:

https://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=91467.0

Note this would be retrospective - if we decide to show who liked posts, it will apply to all historical likes.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 11:03:55 am »
BTW.

Sadly the module uses the same address to toggle the 'Like' state, so if you Like a post, then refresh the page, it will unlike it immediately. I could rewrite it - will add it to the list.  :)

Not a problem once you've realised and remember, not sure if there is a way of letting people know, and maybe not many people use return button?
Sounds too complicated rewriting something like this, if no-one has complained, i wouldnt bother. :)
(I wasn't complaining  ;D )
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:11:17 am by Dan »

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 11:13:31 am »
Sounds too complicated rewriting something like this, if no-one has complained, i wouldnt bother. :)
(I wasn't complaining  ;D )

It should be very simple, and it's too late now it's in my head!  :D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 12:39:14 pm »

Note this would be retrospective - if we decide to show who liked posts, it will apply to all historical likes.

I’m quite sure I’ve ‘liked’ some contentious posts in the past, which I would not have ‘liked’ had it not been anonymous.

However I am happy to go with the majority going forwards, and personally am probably happy to not have old  ‘likes’ deleted. However it might be that some people would want to be able to either find all their  ‘likes’ so they can remove any contentious ones, or be able to ask you Dan to remove all previous ‘likes’ as you go live with the new version.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS