Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Why 9 minutes?  (Read 2847 times)

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
Why 9 minutes?
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:49:10 am »
When you are in bed and your digital alarm goes off; you hit the snooze button; roll over and go back to sleep.  It then goes off 9 MINUTES later.  Why 9 minutes, why not 10 minutes??  It greatly upset my aspergic side. Never got it??  :cat: :chook:

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Re: Why 9 minutes?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 11:54:12 am »
I think it's funny that big round numbers appeal to people

what time do you set your alarm for?

the future mrs SB has it set for 6.52 (and she never hits the snooze button) mine is set for 7.48 and i often hit the snooze button - which incidentally gives me 10 more minutes!!

So, change your alarm clock, i can give you the make and model of mine if that'll help you.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 12:40:25 pm »
I don't have a clock. my conscience gets the better of me when I think about my chickens waiting to come out. thats me done . I have to get up. luckily it's a bit later at the moment!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 01:51:53 pm »
hehe i have an alarm clock but have a pretty good body clock that normally wake me up about 10/15 before the alarm goes off so rarely set it.
Am always late going anywhere even when i leave enought time.

Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:43:15 pm »
If I set my alarm clock I wake, like Linz, about 10 minutes before it is due to go off.  But If I don't set it I sleep longer - sometimes half an hour after the alarm would normally have gone off - why?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 03:23:05 pm »
My OH uses the alarm feature on her mobile. It is most annoying,especially as she ignores the first two times it goes off. Not sure how long between, but just enough for me to be back in the world of bewilderment. sons alarm is set at 15 minutes for snooze, and he always uses it to the max.

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:55:28 pm »
Iv always wondered why? Oddly enough im a sucker for the even numbers too!  ::)
But i have a personal alarm which comes in the form of a 13 month old ikle boy  ;D its the best thing in the world to wake up to  :) :love:
Danielle

sandy

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:19 pm »
I am fine if I wake up at 7.00am but if I have to get up at 6.00am I am usless, just want to eat ALL day!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 01:14:41 pm »
I think they set these at random...My mum has one where she can set the time for the length of snooze after she hits the button, quite handy!
I never had a snooze button. I tend to turn the alarm off and if the night was bad (snoring or rustling with newspaper 'til 2 by  OH  >:( >:( ) I doze off again . Only had a few accidents over the years as I tend to wake up last minute before the schoolgoers have to get up. I'm not quite brave enough to trust my inner clock and do without the alarm  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS