Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poor wee quail hen - anyone got any to spare?  (Read 1632 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Poor wee quail hen - anyone got any to spare?
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:24:34 pm »
My poor wee girl spends  a lot of her time just sitting and crying since her mate died - a few weeks ago he flew upwards, bounced off the lightweight netting and banged against the weldmesh run. Died next day.

I think she is depressed and although I hope to get another young male at the Festival I think she really could do with company now, so does anyone have any females for sale in Central Scotland?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
Re: Poor wee quail hen - anyone got any to spare?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:14:21 pm »
What type of quail?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:35:59 pm »
Jumbo coturnix
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:10:13 am »
I have standard coturnix in Ayrshire but i'm pretty sure i saw a guy on one of the facebook groups selling jumbos in Stirling, i'll pm you his details if i find them.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 10:12:05 am »
I don't know much about quail - what;'s the difference between standard and jumbo?  I looked on his page - sold his bobwhites - don't know what they are either.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »
I think the jumbo, as it says, are supposed to be bigger than the standard/coturnix.

A neighbour bought some 'jumbo' but also had some of the normal/coturnix from me. There wasn't much size difference and they lived fine together. She ordered the 'jumbo' as hatching eggs off the net.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS