Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Guess how much  (Read 3951 times)

Cheviot

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Scottish Borders, north of Moffat
    • Hawkshaw Sheep yarn
Re: Guess how much
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 11:37:10 am »
Hi,
It's not that preloved, gumtree are bad places to buy from, it's more when you are selling, obviously you are letting the world know what stock you have for sale, if it is something that really is rare or worth a lot of money there are certain undesirables who can contact you to say that they want what you are selling, get certain details from you, and then either not turn up or call to say that they no longer want it, they now probably know your name and phone no. It is then not to difficult to use the internet to find out your address, and then they can come and help themselves.
I have decided that I am not going hatch anything next year, and in future only hatch when I need replacement stock and then cull anything I don't need.
Fleecewife I haven't checked with the auction, I knew that they took 15% off for selling! I had forgotten  that they then charged vat on top of the commission and I had to fork out £13.20 to enter them, most other auctions will refund the entry fee if you sell, but Lanark don't.
Regards
Sue

Cheviot, Shetland and Hebridean sheep.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 01:14:08 pm »
then add the petrol for going....

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 07:08:47 pm »
if you are worried about using gumtree or preloved, and giving out phone numbers etc etc , you could purchase a cheap pay as you go phone, and arrange a pick up point near your location, i know this might be a tad harder for cattle and sheep, but poultry and smaller livestock, that don't need any movement licence could be doable

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 08:11:10 pm »
The thing is if no one advertises on Preloved there is no where to buy from. I do not want the hassle of taking a trailer to market, and then deciding on the spot whether what I want is in the ring. I have been going to horse auctions for years and I am not a novice. The sellers got a better price, they were collected when convenient to them and they had no extra costs.
  Most thefts are opportunist, the average burglary takes three minutes. I am not saying that stealing livestock doesn't happen just they are far more clever than phoning in advance, my neighbour got broken into in the half hour she picks her children up from school she had just bought an ice cream van and they must of thought she had cash on the premises. I think you are far likely to find thieves are your near neighbours which is not nice.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »
If you join your local Association of Smallholders  you would be able to advertise for free + no commision

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS