Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Orphan Shetland Lambs Looking For Good Home - Scottish Borders  (Read 3681 times)

collielaw

• Joined Feb 2012
Orphan Shetland Lambs Looking For Good Home - Scottish Borders
« on: September 06, 2014, 09:30:43 pm »
I have two three week old pedigree Shetland lambs looking for a home.

Thanks to some 'lovely' walkers who left our gates open in March, we have had a second lambing in August!!!!
Unfortunatley one of the ewes who had twins has died suddenly,  and we have been left with her lambs. Both are fit and healthy, I am in the process of training them on to the bottles.

They are a boy and a girl, the boy has been banded and is black. The ewe lamb is black with white sugar lips (I think she will turn out to be a grey gulmoget in colour). She can also be registered with the Shetland Sheep Society in the future if required.

They are the two lambs on the right hand side of the photo. I'll see if I can get them to stay still long enough to get close ups in the morning!

Thanks for reading! X

collielaw

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Orphan Shetland Lambs Looking For Good Home - Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:32:06 pm »
Sorry photo was too big! I'll minimise and post again tomorrow!
Otherwise I can email them to anyone who is interested  :)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:57:10 pm »
Pm sent  :innocent:
Graham

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:46:13 am »
If you buy them and no-one else asks... can I have first option to buy the grey fleece next year please sokel?   ;) :spin:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:18:19 am »
If you buy them and no-one else asks... can I have first option to buy the grey fleece next year please sokel?   ;) :spin:
if we get them it's yours Sally , we have no use for the fleece
Graham

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 03:24:28 am »
if we get them it's yours Sally , we have no use for the fleece
So now I am hoping you get them!   :excited:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 07:34:45 am »
Bear me in mind if you need some goatsmilk...., and yes we would consider taking them too.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 07:54:47 am »
I am sure you will be sorted by now but I can take them if not.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:03:27 pm »
its too far for me as much as I want them its 180 miles round trip  :(
Graham

collielaw

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »
Thanks for letting me know Graham  :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:14:28 pm by collielaw »

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 08:13:02 pm »
I would love to take them - we were going to bring 2 of our sheep from over the river to our quarry/mill pond side here to keep the grass down - the pygmy goats are in here but they're hopeless at keeping the grass down so we need a couple of munchers.  I think if we bring some over they will want to go back so 2 new wee sized ones would be ideal and non threatening to the wee pygmies.  There's a little turf roofed shed for them too as the goaties all seem to want to pile in the one bigger one together.  I'd be able to see them from my kitchen window and keep an eye on them.  They'll have my smithy neighbours ponies for company and all our geese and ducks etc.  We could swap for a nice goose couple if you like?  They're supposed to be pure Steinbacher (the friendly geese) but I think there's a touch of Brecon Buff in the female, very pretty though.  Or I could do a drawing of your farm there Collielaw (I'm giving art classes in St Boswells at the moment).  I could get milk from Anke if they need fed - I'm here all the time and have bottlefed before.  Sorry this ended up being a long reply, you've probably sold them by now.  ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

collielaw

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:46:31 am »
Hello, I've pm'd everyone  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS