Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vets visit  (Read 3185 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Vets visit
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:59:53 pm »
Had to call the vet  out this morning for Lottie, one of my Golden Guernsey goats. When we bought her in July I noticed, once we were home, that she had a lump on her side. I phoned the people we bought her from and they said it would just be the reaction to the injection she had had and as my own goats had also developed a lump following their jags I thought it was ok. However, the lump didn't go away like it did on all the others and this morning it had burst and was oozing puss.

The vet cleaned it all up, gave her anti biiotics etc and drained the cyst. He said it could well have started off with the injection but it is such a mess. She will be fine and is neither up nor down by it. We have to clean it every day and just keep an eye on it.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Vets visit
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »
James, how's Lottie now? Hope its all cleared up?
Little Blue

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:44:05 pm »
Which vets do you use, out of interest?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:35 pm »
James, how's Lottie now? Hope its all cleared up?

Thankfully she is much better now. I was having a look this afternoon and it is almost back to normal. Once all her fur grows back you won't notice a thing. It's growing back very slowly though but as I said she is fine. Compared to all the other goats I have the GG'S are very calm and quiet, her kid, Lulu, is now 6 or 7 months old and they still have a very special bond which is great to see. I have 2 9 month old BT'S and they lead Lulu astray let me tell you.

Thanks for the interest.  :)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:49:25 pm »
Which vets do you use, out of interest?

Cameron we use Provost Vets and really get on well with them. We know all the vets by first name and the reception staff and the nurses are first class. The St Andrews Branch also gives the hotel a lot of business which is great too.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS