Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sad news  (Read 3098 times)

bplegs

• Joined Aug 2010
Sad news
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »
Went to check on the herd tonite, no sign of our herd sire.

After a good walk about found him at the top of his paddock, dead. Vet has just been and says it looks like heart attack. She remarked that he looked to be in good condition (apart from the not breathing and fly activity, which may I say was unbelievable.)

Absolutely gutted. This is our first loss, and he was one of the first we bought. Unlike our sheep, the alpacas are pets. I have finally stopped crying (sorry, I know its pathetic) but it was such a shock. He sired Shakespeare and there is a slim possibly that our other female may be pregnant too. So he leaves us with memories and a lot of sadness.

So RIP Centurion Gold 2007 -2014.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: Sad news
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:18:41 pm »
 :hug:

pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

bplegs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »
Thank you x  :-*

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:10:24 pm »
That is so sad, alpaca are such lovely animals,  :hug:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:11:13 pm »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  sorry for your loss  :bouquet:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 11:33:36 pm »
 :hug: so sorry. It seems to hit so much harder when it is a sudden loss of a pet.  :bouquet:

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 12:05:42 am »
So sorry, he looks quite a character and undoubtedly had a good life with you and his mates. Fingers crossed for another memento of him soon!

bplegs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 12:11:04 pm »
Thank you everyone. He has now been collected and I am much calmer for him being gone. It was horrid knowing he was there last night  :(

The rest of the herd seem okay, if a little more guarded which is to be expected. Have now registered his death with the BAS  so its done. I know that it was quick for him so that a comfort.
xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS