Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recording a dead sheep  (Read 2630 times)

charls

• Joined Oct 2013
Recording a dead sheep
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:39:35 am »
So we discovered one of sheep had died yesterday, the first one we've had to deal with. She was still warm when my husband spotted her and appeared to have died really quickly, possibly from pneumonia. She seemed fine a few hours earlier! Sad times :( Anyway, I've contacted the fallen stock people and they'll come collect her later. Just wondered, how do you record this in your movements book? Obviously I can update the tally and note her tag number etc, I just wondered if fallen stock people have CPH numbers for their premises? Thanks

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Recording a dead sheep
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:54:22 am »
Get a receipt from fallen stock man and file away in your movement folder, then just change the total etc in your book. It's quite simple. No need to send off a form or anything.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:09:31 pm »
Yes, you just record the change in number and that it died.  No need for a CPH in this case.  File the receipt from the fallen stock company in your movement book.

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:54:14 pm »
For future reference, it this also what you do if you home slaughter for meat?

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:15:11 pm »
Anything that comes onto or off your farm goes through the movement book so yes home kill, sending to market, private kill or death on farm all go through the movement book.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS