Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Got the bug!!  (Read 1668 times)

Tipperary

• Joined Nov 2009
Got the bug!!
« on: November 26, 2009, 01:48:48 pm »
Hello everyone. :pig: :farmer:

I have been living in Tipperary in Ireland for the past 10 years and originate from Watford in Hertfordshire.  I am delighted to come across this site as I have recently decided to make the most of what I have as we are all broke over here.  I have a bit of land and currently have ducks chickens turkeys horses.  About 3 weeks ago I sent my first pigs off to be slaughtered.  I really loved the pigs more than any other as they had such beautiful temperaments, they were hybrids that I bought from a local commercial breeder.  I plan to do them again next spring and am drawn to the saddlebacks but I am having a problem sourcing them although any hardy outdoor type would be considered.  Any suggestions to breeds or any irish peoples advise on where I could find them would be greatly appreciated.  Have really enjoyed reading some of the advise from people who know what they are doing.  :farmer:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Got the bug!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:50:41 pm »
Hello and welcome, I'm sure some one on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Got the bug!!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 02:27:17 pm »
Hello There, just been told about your post, had my head in exam papers all week.

Welcome to the forum, glad your enjoying reading what we are all up to these days - ( Besides bailing water out and being cut off from the shops - how goes the floods in your area? )

Have a look at my website   www.tullywoodfarm.com
We are near Carrick-on-Shannon, about 20 minutes from Sligo and as you will see from the site breed Saddlebakcs, Tamworth and Gloucestershire Old Spots.

It is unlikely we will have any Saddleback weaners, although we may have some breeding stock for sale.
We have Gloucestershire Old Spots available soon, and will have some Tamworths in the new Year.

If I can help at all, please get in touch

Julie (Snoopy)

Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS