Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CCTV - good/bad  (Read 2266 times)

Izzy

• Joined May 2009
  • Stirlingshire
CCTV - good/bad
« on: August 29, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »
Some of you may be interested to hear of my recent experience of (Sainsbury's) supermarket CCTV.

I noticed that a bottle of booze costing £8.50 appeared twice on my till receipt even although I'd only bought the one. So I went back the next day with said receipt. At the customer service counter the assistant called the supervisor who took the receipt to the security desk at the entrance. I couldn't see what they were doing but I would guess looking up CCTV files. When I looked down the line of checkouts I could see a wee CCTV globe above every till area. After 10 mins the supervisor came back and paid me my £8.50 clearly satisfied I wasn't a con artist.

So I'm thrilled that CCTV worked to my advantage this time, but it does make you feel a little uncomfortable to know your being 'watched' so much.

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
Re: CCTV - good/bad
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »
I have nothing to hide so actually I am a fan of CCTV as long as its not in my house. I wish it was used more to catch people helping themselves to things. It helps a lot in my other halfs work where you occasionally get staff members helping themselves in the till. Easier to then prove your innocence when your tills don't match at the end of the day.

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: CCTV - good/bad
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 06:06:35 pm »
Love it so much I even have it my car to video those around me. Too many of my friends have been involved in car accident scams.

Like Moony, I have no problems with CCTV and happy to see more of it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS