Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Leicestershire but hopefully soon to be Lincolnshire and smallholding  (Read 5005 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Wellcome from rainy Lincolnshire. Look fowars to following your exploits.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Hi and welcome from wet Clackmannashire.

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
and welcome from another newbie to this site, but no so new in smallholding.

50's a good age - with age comes the experience dive into the unknown, but not without checking the depth first !!

OSB's are great pigs, am sure you'll have fun (and a few trials) - keep us updated

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Hello Happyhippy, and hello to Scotland again.  :)
I love your screen name.  ;D You will certainly hear all about my adventures and misadventures as I slowly wend my way along the smallhoding path.  ;) in fact you probably wont be able to shut me up 'cos I firmly believe that misery (and joy) loves company. ;D

Hello Hilarysmum, You must have had a strong role model in your childhood as both you sisters are very adventurous. I do envy you in Brittany, its a wonderful area with a great coastline and I would lurve to have a s/holding there.

Hello Little blue, ah I know Drebyshire quite well from my holidays (blue john etc). I hope your shep is much calmer than my 2 horrors lol Bless 'em they arent 1 yet and drive me mad. They are so clever and flippin hard work.

Thank you Sheila.  :) Im soooo glad theres someone on here that is in Lincs, you will know about vets food suppliers slaughter houses etc, I hope!  ;D

Hi Oaklandpigs, I looked at your website even before I started lurking and reading on here. You are already doing what I hope to do eventually.

[/quote] "with age comes the experience dive into the unknown, but not without checking the depth first !!"

What a great analagy, Im going to have to remember that for future use, if you dont mind?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:11:02 am by Jackie »

chickenfeed

;) and a hello from me we are just outside of peterborough cambs so not a million miles away i was brought up on a farm and my parents have had a smallholding for donkeys years and at the ages of 48 (OH) and 45 we decided to have a couple of pigs on some vacant space on their land a year ago we have had 20 go to slaughter and have 10 growers so beware its addictive  ;) but loads of fun.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS