Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Garden birds  (Read 2349 times)

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
Garden birds
« on: November 20, 2009, 11:12:48 am »
I was sat drinking my coffee this morning, as usual watching the birds, we get all sorts coming here, but there are a gang of blue tits which perch on the tinyest of gap along the bottom of my window pane and kind of do a dance shuffling along together a pecking the window
Its so funny to watch there almost syncronised!!  :D
Also if you leave the car door open for long enough there is a very inquisitive robin which take up residence  ;D
Just wondering if anyone else has any funny bird storeys?
Danielle

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Garden birds
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:13:48 pm »
Funny you should say that - I've just been up to Focus DIY for some bits and bobs and heard a bird singing a variety of beautiful songs.  I looked up and there on top of the wallpaper gondola was a young Robin - quite happily chirping away to anyone who'd listen.. Is stood there smiling at him for a while and suddenly realised there were half a dozen people standing near me and smiling at me and the Robin!  How he got in there I don't know - and why?  Probably to get out of the rain!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

pauline

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 07:38:16 pm »
We had a young blue tit last year who at mating time fell madly in love with his own reflection in our kitchen window! poor soul spent hours trying to impress is  'new mate' and i spent hours trying to chase him away  :-\

sandy

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:14:40 pm »
I love Robins! as soon as I go into the garden and move something, there is always a little RObin..I always talk to it, they are so cute birds and so very tame...love the name Robin too!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS