Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Michael Mosley's Should I Eat Meat?  (Read 3127 times)

Izzy

• Joined May 2009
  • Stirlingshire
Michael Mosley's Should I Eat Meat?
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:49:35 pm »
BBC iPlayer - Horizon - 2014-2015: 2. Should I Eat Meat? - How to Feed the Planet

I found this programme about rearing meat animals very illuminating. I suspect it might trigger some heated debate on here. I don't want to start an argument I just thought I'd draw your attention to the programme.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: Michael Mosley's Should I Eat Meat?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:52:09 pm »
was very interesting, and at times very uncomfortable to watch.

I have to say I don't think I could ever eat a lab grown burger though  :-\
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

crimson

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 02:44:43 am »
Those feedlots looks terrible, what a crap life for them. Aside, enjoy meat in moderation, nothing wrong with it.

Zebedee

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:15:35 am »
The problem is the farting, not the feedlots.

Eat less (but good) meat ought to be the mantra of the day. Life would be cheaper too, as well as longer.

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 12:07:43 pm »
 :o

When we start installing inspection panels on the sides of cows, then you know the world truly has gone mad!
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:10:44 pm »
wasn't that the grossest thing EVER?.......
Oh it doesn't feel a thing!......really? bet it did when you had to put that thing in in the first place!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »
wasn't that the grossest thing EVER?.......

I'm generally not a squeamish person but I had to cover my eyes! It was like something out of a horror/sci fi film! :sofa:
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS