Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Red mite  (Read 9796 times)

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
Re: Red mite
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »
Kimbo - the Xeno I used is small dose spot on of ivermectin - we weighed the chickens (was only 2) and dosed them with the appropriate dose as per the box. I'd give you my vet's name and number for your vet but sadly he passed away :(  Its made by Dechcra if that helps?

mentalmilly

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 02:55:29 pm »
I agree with Possum creosote is the way for me.  No red mites at all for over a year and l paint the ends of the perches once a month to discourage them.  Have looked for mites and cant find any.  Creocote does not do the same job for me.  Like the idea of cooking oil, not tried that one.  You need a smallholders number here to get creosote though, which fortunately we have.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 09:24:44 pm »
I think the spot-ons by weight should be fine - that's how I dose (for lice) and haven't lost a chicken yet. Fortunately mine are big chickens so they fall in the same weight range as cats which saves saving to divide tiny pipettes of liquid.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS