Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cull market/movement forms  (Read 2589 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Cull market/movement forms
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:20:04 am »
I have 2 ewes going to the cull market on Wed. It's the first time I have done this. Do I put the market CPH no on the movement forms as the receiving owner?

Is there anything else I should led know? No nasty details please as I find this hard enough as it is.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Cull market/movement forms
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:57:52 am »
Yes you do. In an ideal world we would all love to keep our old ewes till they die of natural causes but it's not possible for the majority of us on limited grazing (and income). I have sent quite a few off like this and find it best just not to think about it just load them on the lorry and say goodbye, you've given them a good life.
Anne

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:06:32 am »
Yes - we are going to have to do this for the first time this year with three of our original breeding flock of five.  :'(
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:29:30 am »
I've chosen to eat mine, poor old girls. :(

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 01:13:10 pm »
I would eat ours but we've got SO much in the freezer at the moment....... Unless the butcher could turn it all into mince........ Now THAT'S an option I could go for........
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »
If they're going for cull they must have finished any withdrawal period for vetmeds, inclduing flystrike preventative.  If so, make sure you tick the box that says they are.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 03:41:58 pm »
If they're going for cull they must have finished any withdrawal period for vetmeds, inclduing flystrike preventative.  If so, make sure you tick the box that says they are.
They had clik and the 40 day withdrawal period has just passed. Box on the form already ticked but thanks for the reminder MF
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Azzdodd

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:49 pm »
I always take my girls to the butcher myself and sell the meat for what I would get cull at market hate the thought off them getting chucked in a wagon for 100 of miles

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS