Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "the best thing to happen to cooking since me!"  (Read 6306 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
"the best thing to happen to cooking since me!"
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:37:35 pm »
god almighty, i really hate Marco Pierre White!!

have you seen the new Knorr stock adverts?

he made a right erse of himself wiht the great british feast - and the fact that he squeezed a sponsor friendly stock cube into every dish - including pudding!!!!!!!!

but really, "the best thing to happen to cooking since me"

what a twat!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: "the best thing to happen to cooking since me!"
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 06:43:49 am »
Well if he was a "real" chef he wouldnt dream of using a stock cube!!!!!!!!

sandy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:01:14 am »
I agree, he loves himself...mind you, from the tital, I thought you had cooked a wounderful meal and was expecting a recipe ;) ;) Do you know, I rarely read recipes, I sometimes look on You Tub or Video Jug and get the jist of things!!!!! Some Chefs are show offs and some just annoy me and some I love watching....another I don't like is ??? forgot his name, I first saw him when he moved to France, the Provance, with his family and was starting a resturant, he was always horrid to his wife and children, I think he is now divorced (no wounder!) THen he bought a resturant to do up in Cornwall, I shall have a think, but I don't like him either!!!!!

sandy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 08:11:09 am »
John Burton Race!!!! I looked it up as my brain is still in bed :D He had the Carved Angell in Dartmout (nearly moved there) and the french programme was "French Leave"

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:16:20 am »
Thanks Sandy...I could picture him in my mind, but just couldn't think of his name.   
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:07 am »
I don't like John Burton Race - something about him, don't know what  ???
But I do like Marco  ;D I didn't up til I saw him on 'Hells Kitchen' but changed my mind after that. Yes, he's cocky - but what person that is at the top of their proffesion isn't, to a certain extent ?
Go Marco - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

sandy

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:02:07 am »
Those shifty eyes :o :o Some COcky people take some getting used to be eventualy they show thier god side!!!Glad I am not in the public eye, chritics would have a filed day with me.....!!!

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 11:57:34 am »
loathesome two hat . Thank god for off switches on tellies. I like to watch a good cooking programme when I have the time, but I can't stand certain celeb chefs. I think after a while most of them get on your nerves with their needy clutching at straws tv shows. ( jamie does one good show 3 bad, and a load of naff ads) the chap james whatsit on saturday mornings has reached saturation point. but john burton race and that ugly little chap with the gingery beard, worse of the lot.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 12:21:24 pm »
Who is the other French chef? The young one with the veeeeery sexy accent! He could do me beans on toast and I'd come back for more!! ;)

sandy

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 01:23:28 pm »
Do  you mean..."John Christoph Nouvelle"" spelt completely wrong but I have been trying to remember and that is all my brain can think of...now MUST get away from the computer!!!!!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 01:55:28 pm »
That's the one! I also love the Italian chef (can't remenber his name either. Small, dark , with a lovely smile)

sandy

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 02:08:19 pm »
I am not going to have a stab at that one but I think I know who you mean, on Saturday kitchen some times and is a small built chap with a cheeky grin...very sexy!!! whooops can I say that or is it too risky?

HappyHippy

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 03:41:52 pm »
Is he called Gino ? I think he's on 'I'm a celebrity' if you need another look  ;)

sandy

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 03:46:47 pm »
Course ::)I never made the connection, well he is comming over great on I'm a Celebraty.......should put all partners through some trial like that to test them first and find the true man inside!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 08:50:03 pm »
Yes, he's called Gino (something)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS